Interested in recreating the London Hackspace village from CCC

Bob_P

Aug 30, 2012, 7:59:44 AM8/30/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone interested in recreating the London Hackspace village from CCC?  I thought we had a nice little community.  I have come better equiped this year, with my own table, 2 chairs (which hopefully won't break this time), travel kettle and exandable water cans!  Would have brought a fridge but the paddling pool had a puncture :-(

The village consisted of mainly London Hackspace people obviously but many residents were also members or former members of London 2600.  If you are/were familar with either group then you would know people.

Bob_P

Mark Steward

Aug 30, 2012, 9:19:40 AM8/30/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com

Join us! Most of us are already there, near the teepee.

Mark

Elmar mc.fly Lecher

Aug 30, 2012, 2:44:41 PM8/30/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com, David Hulton
Hello people.

I think the London Hackspace village was close to milliways if i
remember correctly?

The car is repaired in time, my stuff is packed - but i am sick, i have
a flu. So camping is sadly a thing to avoid.
That means that i will not show up on the EMFcamp. That also means that
the rather small milliways will mainly contain very few people, maybe
just david hulton from seattle.

I would like to ask if a nice and cool village then can maybe invite
david and maybe some others to invite in their village.

I am sad to not show up but i would like to ask you to help have the
other very few milliways people like david have a good time.

mc.fly ...

Bacon Zombie

Aug 30, 2012, 3:19:23 PM8/30/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com

Hey David and Other Wayward Souls,

We would be happy to welcome you into The Unaffiliated Villagers[1]

[1] http://wiki.emfcamp.org/wiki/The_unaffiliated_villagers

Bacon Zombie

Aug 30, 2012, 3:21:21 PM8/30/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com, 0x3...@gmail.com

Just saw David was CC'd into the original email, so forwarding encase his is not on the mailing list.

David Hulton

Aug 30, 2012, 4:21:40 PM8/30/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com, bacon...@gmail.com
Bacon Zombie,

Thanks for the invite! I'm currently flying out to London and should
be at EMFCamp mid-day tomorrow. I've got a 20' geodesic dome and a
projector I'm bringing and plan on picking up some blankets and
pillows to make a chillout space. The only thing I need is some power
within 50' of the dome. If you arrive early can you make sure there's
some space for it reasonably close to power? Anyway, it's being set up
to be a shared space so if anyone wants to use it and/or play movies,
music, etc they're more than welcome to. I'm super looking forward to
EMFCamp and I'll see you all tomorrow!

Thanks!
-David