A call to arms for radio hackers/hams

Alexander Wright

Aug 27, 2012, 12:17:57 PM8/27/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys and girls,
A while back i posted on the LHS mailing list about running a ham radio
tent. There were a few replies but not many. While I'm really keen to do
this, I don't have much kit to bring along. In fact, all i have is a
couple of handhelds, a 100W 2m linear, a 10A power supply, some RG58,
some crimp connectors and a scanner. We quite desperately need more kit
to make this work, if anyone has any of the following which they could
bring, it would be really handy:
* An HF radio
* A VHF radio
* ANY antennas (tuners and stuff to mount them would be useful too)
* A more powerful 13.8V PSU (25-40A would be nice) or lead-acid
batteries and a charger
* An HF linear? Perhaps i'm pushing my luck there. We'd also need a
capable antenna/ATU

I'll try and bring what I ca:, test equipment, soldering irons etc -
basically whatever i can fit in the car. But I really need more people
to contribute stuff.

If anyone wants to man the tent, help people out and enthuse about
radio, that would also be much appreciated. I plan for this mainly to be
a ham thing really, but we'll also welcome anyone working with CB,
sattelites, wefax, shortwave listening etc. Basically anything geeky and
radio-ey!

Thanks!
Alec

Ps. on a vaguely related note, i propose we use 433.475MHz wideband FM
(5kHz deviation=25kHz channel spacing)a as our camp simplex frequency.
I'll try to publicise this during the weekend.

Nigel Worsley

Aug 27, 2012, 2:19:32 PM8/27/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com
> * A more powerful 13.8V PSU (25-40A would be nice)

I have a 25A continuous 30A short term one I can bring.

> or lead-acid batterie and a charger

I can do that too, I have a spare car battery and a charger

Nigle

Alexander Wright

Aug 29, 2012, 4:49:46 PM8/29/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nigel,
These would be really handy if you could bring them please!

Thanks
Alec

Nigel Worsley

Aug 29, 2012, 5:01:01 PM8/29/12
to uk-hac...@googlegroups.com
>> I have a 25A continuous 30A short term one I can bring.
>>
>> > or lead-acid batterie and a charger
>>
>> I can do that too, I have a spare car battery and a charger
>
> These would be really handy if you could bring them please!

OK, I will bring them along. I won't get there until about 7pm on Fridau though, as I can't get
the time off work.

Do you have enough tables and chairs? I can bring those too!

Nigle