Open government data

David Read

Feb 15, 2012, 12:07:26 PM2/15/12
to uk-government-...@googlegroups.com, Irina Bolychevsky, Rufus Pollock
Hi all,

As people probably know, data.gov.uk is powered by CKAN, which is open-source. What you may not know is the code lives on GitHub (and has done since last Autumn -- it was previously on BitBucket): http://github.com/okfn/ckan/

If you're interested in contributing please do jump in - fork and submit a patch!

Here at the Open Knowledge Foundation we're also putting together resources and information on open government data here: opengovernmentdata.org with links to the Open Data Handbook and a central list of data catalogues around the world: datacatalogs.org

Please feel free to get involved and any questions, give us a shout!

David Read
Open Knowledge Foundation

Terry Palmer

Feb 15, 2012, 12:33:28 PM2/15/12
to uk-government-...@googlegroups.com
Hi David

Can you give me some guidance on section 7 - Industry Key.

Thanks

Terry

Terry Palmer
walkit.com
01263 587498
http://walkit.com

Get walkit.com for iPhone at the App Store

Follow us on
twitter
Become a fan on facebook
Personalise walkit.com with mywalkit
Please fill in our annual user survey

Feb 15, 2012, 12:33:12 PM2/15/12
to uk-government-...@googlegroups.com
Is there an RDF dump of the data behind data.gov.uk? Of course, I can crawl the SPARQL endpoints but would prefer to just load a dump.

We are commissioning a live 51 Billion+ SPARQL endpoint for the LOD2 edition of the LOD Cloud Cache that we maintain. Hence the need for this dataset in the RDF dump form.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen

David Read

Feb 15, 2012, 1:02:35 PM2/15/12
On 15 February 2012 17:33, Kingsley Idehen <kid...@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> On 2/15/12 12:07 PM, David Read wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> As people probably know, data.gov.uk is powered by CKAN, which is
> open-source. What you may not know is the code lives on GitHub (and has done
> since last Autumn -- it was previously on
> BitBucket): http://github.com/okfn/ckan/
>
> If you're interested in contributing please do jump in - fork and submit a
> patch!
>
> Here at the Open Knowledge Foundation we're also putting together resources
> and information on open government data here: opengovernmentdata.org with
> links to the Open Data Handbook and a central list of data catalogues around
> the world: datacatalogs.org
>
> Please feel free to get involved and any questions, give us a shout!
>
> David Read
> Open Knowledge Foundation
>

> Is there an RDF dump of the data behind data.gov.uk? Of course, I can crawl
> the SPARQL endpoints but would prefer to just load a dump.

Kingsley,

The RDF side of data.gov.uk was I think covered by TSO or Talis and
I'm afraid the OKF not been involved in their activity to provide you
any information. The listings here are the best source of info I know
of: http://data.gov.uk/linked-data and
http://thedatahub.org/dataset?q=data.gov.uk

David

David Read

Feb 15, 2012, 1:06:42 PM2/15/12
On 15 February 2012 17:33, Terry Palmer <terry-...@btconnect.com> wrote:
Hi David

Can you give me some guidance on section 7 - Industry Key.

Terry,

Is this about the Open Data Manual - of course we can try to help! Can you provide a more specific question?

David
Logo-with-Strapline-160.jpg
App-Icon-Email-Sig.jpg
App_Store_Badge_Email-Sig-43h.jpg