Short NAO workshop on the Transparency agenda

Nick

Oct 21, 2011, 11:10:06 AM10/21/11
to UK Government Data Developers
Hi there,

on Friday 31 October at 4pm we are running a short workshop (an hour
or so) to generate some feedback on the Transparency agenda and data.

It not about the politics around Transparency but the implementation.

The kind of questions we are keen to get some feedback on are:

Are there any concrete examples of significant economic value being
created?

What sort of issues might there be around data sets released so far?

Are the right kind of datasets being released, any thoughts on what is
missing etc.?

Are Departments being helpful?

It’s a chance to give some direct feedback that will contribute
hopefully to the longer term Transparency project and is wider than
just the individual elements of it such as the PDC.

What we really need are contributions from developers who have been
grappling with some of these issues over the last two or three years.

If you know someone who might be interested please highlight this
event to them.

Any replies can come to nickmh...@gmail.com or @nickmhalliday
(Twitter)

Many thanks