Location for RDF dumps re. Data.Gov.UK

Kingsley Idehen

Apr 6, 2011, 2:05:12 PM4/6/11
to uk-government-...@googlegroups.com
All,

Is the canonical location for obtaining RDF dumps for data.gov.uk still:
http://source.data.gov.uk/ ?

We want to ensure that our LOD Cloud cache [1] includes all data from
data.gov.uk.

I am also interested in any other datasets that might be missing from
this instance. Just put a dataset URL in your response to this mail and
it will get loaded.

Links:

1. http://lod.openlinksw.com -- LOD cloud cache instance currently
holding 21 Billion+ triples from across the LOD cloud
2. http://www.delicious.com/kidehen/logd_demo -- current collection of
demos I've assembled using data from Data.Gov and Data.Gov.UK .

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President& CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen

Kingsley Idehen

Feb 7, 2012, 12:10:01 PM2/7/12
On 4/6/11 2:05 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> All,
>
> Is the canonical location for obtaining RDF dumps for data.gov.uk
> still: http://source.data.gov.uk/ ?
>
> We want to ensure that our LOD Cloud cache [1] includes all data from
> data.gov.uk.
>
> I am also interested in any other datasets that might be missing from
> this instance. Just put a dataset URL in your response to this mail
> and it will get loaded.
>
> Links:
>
> 1. http://lod.openlinksw.com -- LOD cloud cache instance currently
> holding 21 Billion+ triples from across the LOD cloud
> 2. http://www.delicious.com/kidehen/logd_demo -- current collection of
> demos I've assembled using data from Data.Gov and Data.Gov.UK .

All,

I can no longer access: http://source.data.gov.uk .

Is there a new location? Or do I need new credentials?

We are now in the final stages of commissioning a LOD2 cloud cache. This
particular instance will hold 50B+ triples. I would very much like to
load the entire Data.Gov.UK dataset into this instance.

The more triples the better.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder& CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen

Peter Jungen

Mar 2, 2012, 12:14:18 PM3/2/12
to uk-government-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kingsley,

I stumbled upon this email of yours,
I also have the problem that I cannot access http://source.data.gov.uk
as in http://source.data.gov.uk/finance/coins/2010-06-14/schema/ and
suggest it might have moved?

..which might be why my queries on the coins dataset keept failing.
Did you find anything out about this issue?

Kind regards
Peter Jungen
PS: I run this (validated) query using the talis and
tso coins sparl endpoint.
-----
PREFIX coins-dimension: <http://source.data.gov.uk/dsd/coins/dimension/>
PREFIX coins-measure: <http://source.data.gov.uk/dsd/coins/measure/>
PREFIX coins-attribute: <http://source.data.gov.uk/dsd/coins/attribute/>

SELECT ?boundaryLabel ?rcLabel (count(?amount) AS ?n) (sum(?amount) AS
?total)
WHERE
{ ?obs coins-dimension:departmentCode
<http://finance.data.gov.uk/def/coins/department-code/des022> .
?obs coins-dimension:dataType
<http://finance.data.gov.uk/def/coins/data-type/outturn> .
?obs coins-measure:amount ?amount .
?obs coins-attribute:budgetBoundary ?boundary .
?obs coins-attribute:resourceCapital ?rc
GRAPH <http://source.data.gov.uk/finance/coins/2010-06-14/schema>
{ ?boundary rdfs:label ?boundaryLabel .
?rc rdfs:label ?rcLabel
}
}
GROUP BY ?boundaryLabel ?rcLabel
----

Kingsley Idehen

Mar 2, 2012, 4:07:58 PM3/2/12
On 3/2/12 12:14 PM, Peter Jungen wrote:
> Hello Kingsley,
>
> I stumbled upon this email of yours,
> I also have the problem that I cannot access http://source.data.gov.uk
> as in http://source.data.gov.uk/finance/coins/2010-06-14/schema/ and
> suggest it might have moved?
>
> ..which might be why my queries on the coins dataset keept failing.
> Did you find anything out about this issue?

Nope!

What I have learned so far though is this: you can sniff out some data
dumps via VoiD graphs.

Ultimately, we are going to have a complete dump of the Data.Gov dataset
dumped to RDF and uploaded to an Amazon S3 bucket. We are simply going
to crawl the SPARQL endpoints as we have no other option.

Kingsley