Silkie's BBW: Please RESPOND:to the Digital ID Consultation

Tony Gosling

Feb 21, 2023, 5:28:31 PM2/21/23
to in...@redressonline.com, aus...@antiwar.com, bull...@ae911truth.org, carls...@yahoo.com, crg.o...@yahoo.com, rg...@ae911truth.org, crge...@yahoo.com, edi...@veteranstoday.com, g...@veteranstoday.com, hawks...@hotmail.com, hma...@gmail.com, kbar...@merr.com, ti...@blacklistednews.com, t...@informationclearinghouse.info, uk-911...@googlegroups.com, w...@whatreallyhappened.com

Subject: 🔴 RESPOND: Digital ID Consultation
From: Big Brother Watch, Erlend Evans <in...@bigbrotherwatch.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:45:22 +0000

We’ve drafted a simple template for you
View this email in your browser
[]

Dear friends,

Today marks 71 years since Winston Churchill scrapped ID cards to “set the people free†.

Yet in one week (01/03/23) a government consultation on plans to build a new digital ID verification system will close.

We’ve made a quick template for you to use to respond, but please read the consultation yourself and personalise your response (we will have a much bigger impact that way).

Without limitations, there is a real risk that these plans could lead to the creation of a giant state identity database, centralising swathes of our personal information and putting our privacy in peril.

RESPOND NOW
[]

What is it?

The scheme seeks to replace the multiple logins currently required to access government services online with one single login.

Why does it matter to me?

If the scheme is successful, it could mean that your:

    • Name

    • Date of birth

    • Home address

    • Email address

    • Photographs (which are increasingly converted intoo biometric data)

    • “Various identifiers†such as passsport info or driving license number

    • Transactional data such as income

Could be stored and shared between various Government departments and maybe even private contractors.

Digital identity systems should always be optional, privacy-protecting, for inclusion, accessibility and user empowerment.

It is vitally important that rights are protected for people who choose not to use digital identify methods.

RESPOND NOW

We say NO!

Britain has a long history of rejecting ID cards, from the British Housewives’ League taking to Parliament to set fire to their ID cards in 1952, to the UK rejecting ID cards again after, in the wake of 9/11, then Prime Minister Tony Blair told us we couldn’t possibly fight terrorism without them.
[]

More recently our campaign to stop divisive and discriminatory Covid IDs was successful thanks to your action and generosity.
[]

Last year we held an exclusive live conversation with our supporters about the dangers of digital ID, bringing together some of the leading campaigners and academics in the field.

You can watch it by clicking here or on the thumbnail below.
[]
Remember to like and subscribe!

If you agree that we must stand up against these intrusive plans, resist mission creep and defend freedom...

Please forward this email on!

Our strength lies in numbers!

Thank you for taking action.

Erlend Evans
Digital Communications Manager

YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | Twitter
[]
©2023 Big Brother Watch. All Rights Reserved.
Support us
View this email in your browser