Are Data Recovery Services Safe?; Review: Lookout for iPhone; Banking Trojans Cover Their Tracks; Symantec Confirms Theft of Norton Antivirus Source Code; And More

PCMag.com Security Watch

Jan 11, 2012, 7:10:05 AM1/11/12
to nanda...@gmail.com

My Stuff. My Cloud. My Book Live from Western Digital: Learn More

http://enews.pcmag.com/u.d?t4GjlHXzhEyrT78ES3wn=190

Welcome to the PCMag.com Security Watch Newsletter. Every
week we bring you an overview of the current viruses, worms,
and other threats as well as the information you need to
combat them.

Check out the best 2012 security and antivirus suites; Where
will hackers strike next?; Let's end malware in 2012; Real
world antivirus test results revealed; And finally, please
share your nightmare stories.

For more on these threats, vulnerabilities and other issues,
visit the Watch.

http://enews.pcmag.com/u.d?04GjlHXzhEyrT78ES3wc=200

Are Data Recovery Services Safe?

Security isn't the primary focus of those seeking to get
back the trade secret documents from the boss's crashed
laptop, according to a report commissioned by the Ponemon
Institute.

http://enews.pcmag.com/u.d?jYGjlHXzhEyrT78ES3xE=120

Review: Lookout for iPhone

Lookout for iPhone isn't as comprehensive as other iOS
security apps, but it offers sufficient protection for all
your iDevices.

http://enews.pcmag.com/u.d?8YGjlHXzhEyrT78ES3w5=130

Stratfor Breach Exposes Thousands of U.S. Intelligence,
Military Contacts

Stratfor, a Texas consultancy covering foreign affairs and
security issues, continues to suffer from a massive data
breach that exposed hundreds of thousands of client
information.

http://enews.pcmag.com/u.d?xYGjlHXzhEyrT78ES3w-=140

Cyber Warfare and the Privacy Revolution

Roger Thompson, Chief Emerging Threat Researcher for ICSA
Labs, reviews the history of malware and speculates on
coming threats.

http://enews.pcmag.com/u.d?64GjlHXzhEyrT78ES3wz=150

Report: Symantec Confirms Theft of Norton Antivirus Source
Code

Symantec has confirmed that source code used in its older
enterprise antivirus products was leaked online by hackers
this week.Let's Terminate

http://enews.pcmag.com/u.d?x4GjlHXzhEyrT78ES3wo=160

The Best Suite for Antispam Is... Norman?

Shining like a diamond in the rough, the antispam component
of Norman Security Suite PRO 9 proved to be extremely
accurate.

http://enews.pcmag.com/u.d?v4GjlHXzhEyrT78ES3wt=170

Banking Trojans Cover Their Tracks

Security giant Trusteer reports that in 2011 several
banking Trojans developed a new type of attack specifically
designed to postpone discovery as long as possible.

http://enews.pcmag.com/u.d?tYGjlHXzhEyrT78ES3wi=180

Questions, comments, tips about potential viruses, worms,
vulnerabilities? Send them here:
pcmsecur...@ziffdavis.com

To find out more about what's going on in the world of
technology, check out www.pcmag.com throughout the day!

newsletters, visit:
http://enews.pcmag.com/u.d?j4GjlHXzhEyrT78ES3xh=50
Copyright (C)2012 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Ziff Davis, Inc., 28 East 28th Street, 11th Floor,
New York, NY 10016