Game testing

Michael Malloy

Aug 4, 2011, 1:24:28 PM8/4/11
to UISpec
I'm brand new to UISpec. I'm working on a game that uses the Cocoa 2-
d libraries and custom built animated menus.

I was wondering if anyone had any examples of how to hook up UISpec to
start at the top level view and display all of the controls within it
that can be touched/interacted with. My thought is that if I can then
write UISpec tests that click them one at a time and then get any new
items that can be interacted with.

All of the controls in the product are expected to be custom built.
If anyone has any experience working with a gaming product and can
share how they were able to get access to the application controls, I
would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks, Mike

Stewart Gleadow

Aug 6, 2011, 5:28:44 AM8/6/11
to uis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I'm not sure how to list available controls directly in UISpec. I usually use Frank to drive UISpec - Frank has a web interface that allows you to list all the elements on the screen to help in writing your tests. It might be worth having a look at.

- Stew