Use it as a wrapper

nitin pundir

Oct 4, 2018, 11:54:00 AM10/4/18
to UIforETW
How can I use UIforETW as a wrapper for a specific application process?

Bruce Dawson

Oct 4, 2018, 1:21:37 PM10/4/18
to nitin...@gmail.com, UIforETW
ETW tracing is always system wide so you can't target a specific process when recording, but you can filter down to particular processes during analysis. That is what I do when I know the problem is isolated to a single process, but I investigate a fair number of problems where the issue involves multiple processes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a wrapper".

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 8:54 AM nitin pundir <nitin...@gmail.com> wrote:
How can I use UIforETW as a wrapper for a specific application process?

Bruce Dawson

nitin pundir

Oct 5, 2018, 11:07:47 AM10/5/18
to UIforETW
Thanks Bruce,
That clears my doubt. By wrapper, I meant to target a specific process pinned to a specific core. Since in linux you can measure PMC readings from specific cores so I was not sure whether ETW(tracelog and xperf) can do that or not.