I know a good thing for the unused button.

Raymond

Jul 1, 2016, 1:35:29 PM7/1/16
to µIEC Users Discussion Group
How about a "swap 8" for the 4th button? A lot of programs want you to have device 8 and to just press a button to swap it's device with device 8 would be very nice. Like on the CMD drives.

-Raymond Day

Eric Christopherson

Jul 1, 2016, 1:40:04 PM7/1/16
to uIEC-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 12:35 PM, Raymond <raymo...@gmail.com> wrote:
How about a "swap 8" for the 4th button? A lot of programs want you to have device 8 and to just press a button to swap it's device with device 8 would be very nice. Like on the CMD drives.

-Raymond Day

Swap it with what? Do you mean you would have the uIEC as a device other than 8, and pressing the button would make it become 8?

--
        Eric Christopherson

RETRO Innovations

Jul 2, 2016, 3:01:13 AM7/2/16
to uIEC-...@googlegroups.com
On 7/1/2016 12:35 PM, Raymond wrote:
How about a "swap 8" for the 4th button? A lot of programs want you to have device 8 and to just press a button to swap it's device with device 8 would be very nice. Like on the CMD drives.
THat was the plan.

THe code needs to be written.

Jim

-Raymond Day

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com

Raymond

Jul 4, 2016, 3:40:05 AM7/4/16
to µIEC Users Discussion Group
Seems like it be a easy code. But I guess not. I don't even know what program language it uses.

-Raymond Day

Raymond

Jul 4, 2016, 3:43:53 AM7/4/16
to µIEC Users Discussion Group
No it be some other device beside 8 and what ever device it 8 it swap with it. So if a 1571 is device 8 and the uIEC is device 10 then the 1571 would be 10 and the uIEC would be 8.

That is how the swap 8 button works on the CMD drives. FD-4000/2000,  RAMlink, and the hard drive.