Device not present error

rrd...@icloud.com

Dec 5, 2015, 4:35:55 PM12/5/15
to µIEC Users Discussion Group, roy...@mac.com
Hi, new owner of the uiec/sd today.

The device powers up properly. I see a red power light and 2 flashes of the green light. When I try to access it, (load"$",10) I get a device not present error. I tried 8 and 9 as well. I checked the serial cable with another drive, and it's ok. I tried on board power through the cassette slot and external power. I tried the SD card reader in both the vertical and horizontal positions. I don't have Jiffy DOS.
Not sure what I'm missing. Any advice would be appreciated.
thanks,
Rob

RETRO Innovations

Dec 5, 2015, 4:45:33 PM12/5/15
to uIEC-...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a serial cable hooked to the 64 and the uIEC?

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com

rrd...@icloud.com

Dec 5, 2015, 6:01:23 PM12/5/15
to µIEC Users Discussion Group
Yes, And I have confirmed the cable is good with a 1541.

RETRO Innovations

Dec 5, 2015, 6:02:24 PM12/5/15
to uIEC-...@googlegroups.com
On 12/5/2015 4:04 PM, rrd...@icloud.com wrote:
> Yes, And I have confirmed the cable is good with a 1541.
Hmm, it sounds like a bad unit. I'll send another one out.

Eric Christopherson

Dec 5, 2015, 7:39:39 PM12/5/15
to uIEC-...@googlegroups.com
It's also possible the OP has the cable plugged into the IEC *output*
port of the uIEC.

--
Eric Christopherson

rrd...@icloud.com

Dec 6, 2015, 1:28:05 AM12/6/15
to µIEC Users Discussion Group, roy...@mac.com
I have tried both serial ports, with no difference.

silv...@wfmh.org.pl

Dec 6, 2015, 4:31:46 AM12/6/15
to uIEC-...@googlegroups.com
AFAIK there is no "output" port there, just like there is no "output" one on the 1541.
--
Sent from mobile device. Please have understanding.

Eric Christopherson

Dec 6, 2015, 6:31:52 PM12/6/15
to uIEC-...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Dec 06, 2015, silv...@wfmh.org.pl wrote:
> AFAIK there is no "output" port there, just like there is no "output" one on the 1541.

Well, perhaps my wording was wrong -- both ports have bidirectional I/O.
I meant that one port (the one I called "output") is connected to the
next device in the daisy chain, while the other one is connect to the
previous one or the computer.

--
Eric Christopherson