Using UGRID in Fortran

Stefan Vater

Jan 22, 2013, 8:04:27 AM1/22/13
to ugrid-inter...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we are a small group from Hamburg University developing numerical methods on adaptive grids for geophysical applications. In this work we consider to use the UGRID standard for the output of our simulation results.

Concerning this I have some questions in advance:
- Is there already some existing Fortran code for 2D meshes, which can be used (at least as a template) to implement the output routines? Certainly the best would some kind of library as a thin software layer, which would be used to write the grid etc. given the node coordinates and connectivity relations...
- How can we visualize files written in the UGRID format. I already learned from this list that there is supposed to be some matlab code for this. What about Paraview / Visit?

That's it for now.

Regards, Stefan