Working on the UGRID spec.

Christopher Barker

May 7, 2013, 2:38:17 PM5/7/13
to ugrid-interoperability
Folks,

Clearly using this group to has out a spec has not worked -- I think we need something a bit more formal, where folks agree to commit some time. Ideally, it would be a workshop, but it would take a lot of time, and some funding to get that in place. Another option would be to piggy back on a conference -- we've done that, but have generally only had time for a lunch time meeting, where we can set some directing, but not get any work done.

A proposal:

Let's do a web workshop: We can find a time a qurom can participate, and set up a web-ex to hash out the remaining issues.

maybe a four hour or so time slot, or maybe a few one hour time slot -- just thinking out load here.

I think we could hash out a lot of we just sat down to do it -- and had a way for folks to all hear each-other and see the same computer screen -- web-ex should work fine.

Thoughts? Which of you think they could commit a few hours to this?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, PhD

Python Language Consulting