How to transfer SELFE outputs into netcdf?

xianlong hou

Aug 27, 2012, 3:48:38 PM8/27/12
to ugrid-inter...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

Greetings!

Does anyone have some idea of how to change SELFE outputs( such as elev.61, wind.62, hvel.64) into netCDF format?

Thanks in advance. Any hints would be appreciated.

Sending smiles,
Xianlong

David R Forrest

Aug 27, 2012, 4:17:25 PM8/27/12
to xianlong hou, <ugrid-interoperability@googlegroups.com>

On Aug 27, 2012, at 3:48 PM, xianlong hou <xianl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> Greetings!
>
> Does anyone have some idea of how to change SELFE outputs( such as elev.61, wind.62, hvel.64) into netCDF format?
>
> Thanks in advance. Any hints would be appreciated.

The SELFE distribution has .../utility/Combining_Scripts/combine_output5.f90 which can produce netCDF files from the parallel code binary output files.

If you already have binary output, attached is a rough python script attached to produce netCDF from some SELFE global output files. This is an older version from before I lost a disk, and I'm not sure how fast or compatible the resultant files are.

selfe2nc.py
ATT00001.txt

xianlong hou

Aug 27, 2012, 10:10:07 PM8/27/12
to David R Forrest, <ugrid-interoperability@googlegroups.com>
Thank you very much for your info Dave.

According to the instruction of  .../utility/Combining_Scripts/combine_output5.f90:

combine_output.in (1st line: elev.61 etc; 2nd line: start and end file indices;
!                          3rd line: inc (1 for netcdf option));

However, everytime I run the autocombine_MPI_elfe.pl, it would automatically generate the combine_output.in file, like:

wind.62
 24 24
 0

When I change the 3rd line to 1 (3rd line: inc (1 for netcdf option) and run the .pl file again, it would generate a new combine_output.in file and overwrite the one I had changed for netcdf option.

So do you know how can I fix this problem?

Thanks again for your time and patience.
Xianlong
--
Xianlong Hou, Graduate Research Assistant
Center For Research in Water Resources

xianlong hou

Aug 27, 2012, 11:37:30 PM8/27/12
to David R Forrest, <ugrid-interoperability@googlegroups.com>
Hi Dave,

Sorry I made a mistake. I have figured out the problem myself.
In order to generate netcdf file, I have to use the source program--combine_output5_canopus, but not the autocombine_MPI_elfe.pl.

Thanks.
Xianlong