Is it possible to keep/not mangle named anonymous functions?

steven winner

Dec 19, 2014, 11:29:24 AM12/19/14
to ugli...@googlegroups.com
We started using errorception on our website to track down errors that happen in the wild, and I am giving named anonymous functions a go (http://kangax.github.io/nfe/)

Basically the goal is to have useful stack traces and give names to anonymous functions/callbacks like so:

// anonymous function/callback with no name
$('#some_element').on('click', function(e) {
    // do something
});

// give the anonymous function/callback a name that appears in the stack trace
$('#some_element').on('click', function _name_to_appear_in_st(e) {
    // do something
});

So I am trying to keep the name (in this example "_name_to_appear_in_st") of the anonymous function in the minified code.  I am using grunt/uglify, and tried passing mangle: false to the options, but the names aren't there.  Is there a best way to go about this?

Thanks,

-Steve