Lucid release coming soon

1 view

Сергей

Jan 29, 2011, 12:13:52 PM1/29/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I've fixed all bugs I found in RC2 and I'm ready to build the release image. I also have to admit that I haven't completely implemented plymouth-lucid blueprint, but that leaves room for visible and easy improvement. all-in-deb blueprint is implemented instead, though it wasn't targeted for Lucid; it will allow implementation of 2-in-1-dvd blueprint in Natty. wallpapers-extra package is not put together either, because I'm too lazy to write copyright file.

Bugs I found in RC2:
  • '/home/*/ directory was created by gimp-paint-studio package [fixed in package]
  • GIMP tool panel contained some tools that should not be there (GEGL operation etc.) [fixed in package]
  • There was a crash message "initramfs-tools failed to install or upgrade", will be fixed in the release image
It also can't boot from USB when installed there from 10.10, it's an Ubuntu bug and we can't fix it. Have you noticed any other issues?

--
shnatsel