Webpage

Xorrito

Jan 28, 2011, 12:11:26 PM1/28/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com

So for the about page I am just taking the info from the wikifur with the needed amendations.

Xorrito

Сергей

Jan 28, 2011, 12:43:32 PM1/28/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Actually the wikifur info is outdated. Upstream handles usability rather well now, almost all novice's problems I'm aware of are fixed in Maverick, so now we provide:
A) Theming
B) Enhanced creative software: GIMP Painter + GIMP Paint Studio + updated Inkscape and MyPaint + tablet drivers + maybe something else I don't remember now
Also moving towards features needed by furries (Cricetida, WikiFur search is already there, furry art search planned)

Adam

Jan 29, 2011, 1:40:40 PM1/29/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
I made first webpage mockup. I didn't even choose colors for it. Tell me what you think about it. I also attach xcf file so you can easly modify it.
site.png
site.xcf

Xorrito

Jan 29, 2011, 3:20:19 PM1/29/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com

I like it! Why dont you guys send me the info you would like me to put on the web site. So it will br easier for me :3

Xorrito

Сергей

Jan 29, 2011, 5:18:52 PM1/29/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
I've found my old website stubs, here's the screenshot of the middle pane of an utopian three-pane layout. The screenshots wall at the bottom has 3D transitions, it's CoolIris embeddable wall.

Adam's mockup reminds me of WordPress. Indeed, many projects do like that. However, ads are prohibited on Sam's server so that upper bar seems to just waste space. I've made a mockup of a thinner one, it's attached. I also made a mockup similar to Xorrito's HTMLs, with a "greeter" visual and more obvious sectioning.

2011/1/29 Xorrito <xor...@ufurmix.org>

I like it! Why dont you guys send me the info you would like me to put on the web site. So it will br easier for me :3

Xorrito

Good point. I'll see if I have anything written down. I wrote something about the project in the beginning, since then I wrote only code.

middle-pane.png
thin-toolbar.png

Сергей

Jan 29, 2011, 5:19:20 PM1/29/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to attach the second mockup.
2.png

Xorrito

Jan 30, 2011, 7:18:47 PM1/30/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
color scheme?

--
Xorrito

Xorrito

Feb 3, 2011, 10:48:51 PM2/3/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
What cholor scheme should i use for the webpage? should i use the same one from shnatsel? oh and what font is in use by the logo and such?
--
Xorrito

Сергей

Feb 4, 2011, 4:01:57 AM2/4/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
The logo is Ubuntu font (http://font.ubuntu.com/) and Pushkin font (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Pushkin?content=106881).

Speaking of the color scheme, I saw a very simple, clean and professional-looking website recently, I'll drop a link as soon as I find it.

Сергей

Feb 4, 2011, 12:40:55 PM2/4/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Oh yes, I've found it: http://www.pennyleavergreen.co.uk/

By the way, if we ever need site search, here it is: http://duckduckgo.com/search_box.html

Сергей

Feb 4, 2011, 4:23:49 PM2/4/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
List of Furry Remix additions (excluding artwork):
  • Included GIMP-Painter, which adds "mixbrush" tool for real-media imitation (works especially great with GIMP Paint Studio) and several other things
  • Packaged and included GIMP Paint Studio - a collection of brushes and tool presets for real-media imitation
  • Included the latest stable versions of artwork-related software: MyPaint, Inkscape, GIMP-Painter, Blender
  • Included OpenRaster plugin for GIMP, which adds read/write support for MyPaint drawings
  • Included additional and updated tablet drivers (latest Wacom Bamboo, many Genius models and lots of others like Trust etc.)
  • Included custom Firefox home page, much better than the default one
I've removed the old screenshots link from our Launchpad project. Any volunteers to take screenshots of 10.04? (please don't use as much Compiz as I did, we didn't create it)

Сергей

Feb 4, 2011, 4:24:25 PM2/4/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Oops, wrong thread... sorry...

Xorrito

Feb 8, 2011, 12:29:27 AM2/8/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com

So  i was going to hand code the webpage in html but im going to use a template because i want to plunge into php

On Feb 4, 2011 2:24 PM, "Сергей" <shna...@gmail.com> wrote:

Oops, wrong thread... sorry...

Steffen Apstein - Müller

Feb 8, 2011, 4:50:54 AM2/8/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Don't forget to link the downloads ;)

Сергей

Feb 8, 2011, 8:21:41 AM2/8/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Sam, don't forget to chroot the php ;)

Xorrito, PHP is good! A content management system might be even better. I can add a bit of animation with jquery as an after-effect.

Steffen Apstein - Müller

Feb 8, 2011, 8:24:18 AM2/8/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Apache php modules runs by default chrootet :P If you don't script mess xD we'll never need the chrooted jail xD

Greets ;-)

Сергей

Feb 8, 2011, 9:00:13 AM2/8/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
All programs contain security vulnerabilities, but nobody knows about them yet in the latest version. If it would be different, we'd never have security updates for GNU coreutils ;)