[ufurmix] Ufurmix Natty ideas

Adam

Feb 17, 2011, 7:09:01 AM2/17/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
In this thread you can post your idea for ufurmix natty (temp name until distro get own).

I alredy have some ideas:
- Furry wallpapers
- Furry firefox personas theme
- Furry plymouth theme
- DVD/USB (1 GB) and CD (700 MB) iso images
- Disabling Unity (I know it's bit controversial but I think unity is not stable to daily use jet)

We also need:
- New website
- New name (if integration with openfur/creatures won't succed)

All ideas are welcome :)

Xorrito

Feb 17, 2011, 9:37:34 AM2/17/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com

Well it is still in dev

Сергей

Feb 17, 2011, 10:09:07 AM2/17/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
IMO it's too early to judge Unity's stability. Besides, the feature freeze is on the 24th of February, it means that after one more week of development Unity won't receive any new features and the whole two months left before release the team will only fix bugs. And Unity is based on Docky's core, which is already tested by the time.
We have to choose between gnome-panel, GNOME Shell, Unity and unstable but promising Pantheon. We haven't even seen all the features planned for those shells yet (especially Pantheon). Gnome-panel is complex and bloated; it has such long lists of legacy APIs and unresolved bugs, some of them are rather intrusive. Unity is faster than gnome-panel, and makes the whole desktop behave faster.
GNOME 2 menu is awesome and Slingshot is going to continue that idea, that makes it the best launcher available. GNOME Shell has horrible application launcher now, almost as bad as start menu in Windows, even worse in some aspects. I haven't seen the current state of Unity's dash, so I can't say anything about it.

Сергей

Feb 18, 2011, 10:31:03 AM2/18/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Some nice ideas were brought up in "Furmix development plans" thread. We used Launchpad blueprints to track our idea list till now, it still looks an awesome thing to me. You can browse our blueprints list at https://launchpad.net/ufurmix. Feel free to register new blueprints for your ideas to ensure that they won't be lost in the mailing list archives.

Сергей

Feb 18, 2011, 10:35:56 AM2/18/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com

Сергей