Lucid RC1 is here

Сергей

Jan 20, 2011, 2:41:21 PM1/20/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that Ubuntu Furry Remix Lucid RC1 is here!

It's a long download after all, so I give the links first:
Leftover download methods FAQ from Karmic
metalink
torrent (includes web seed)
direct link (try this indirect one if direct doesn't work)
MD5: fb291fa7c55f2f71aef35aa5bd6589b8 (not needed for torrent and metalink)

Karmic RC was released almost a year ago. My backups indicate that it was built on the 11th of March... just a day later than Linux 1.0 release back in 1994, and that, in turn, was just a day later than my birthday, lol... Lots of things changed since Karmic, among them:
  • We have 6 new wallpapers, hooray! (but I want MOAR!!), 5 of them are Proudly Found Elsewhere.
  • We have a Completely New Bootscreen (build around Completely New Engine)
  • A new repository, with team-based permission system (I have no upload monopoly anymore)
  • A Completely New Firefox Start Page! (not translatable anymore :P )
  • Default settings were separated to a DEB package, you can install/remove them now
  • A Completely New Screensaver! (thanks crazdfoxx, btw I still haven't figured out how to make it default)
  • A Completely New GIMP Splash! (thanks ihara and Admc!)
  • Updated login screen look
  • Updated and improved Karmic icon set
  • A Completely New Humanity-based Icon Set + even furrier non-default humanity-based icon set (included in the ISO)
  • Theming port to Nokia! (thanks Admc!)
  • A Completely New Cricetida!
I'm looking forward to Natty changelog. What future may hold for us?

Respectfully,
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff

Сергей

Jan 20, 2011, 2:48:28 PM1/20/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to mention... this is RC1, it doesn't yet have software pack and there's no wallpapers-extra package, maybe there are more issues but the only way to check it is to try. I haven't tried the image myself yet, I don't know if it even boots, so grab it while it's hot!

Сергей

Jan 20, 2011, 2:56:18 PM1/20/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
Oops, and I gave the wrong torrent... here's the correct one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5279564/ufurmix-lucid-rc1-i386.iso.torrent

Сергей

Jan 20, 2011, 3:53:09 PM1/20/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
And due an unexpected effect caused by ufurmix-default-settings package the default settings are messed up.

Steffen Apstein - Müller

Jan 21, 2011, 6:23:23 AM1/21/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
I hoined in seeding and mirrored the ddl.
A second Dl option is avaiable via the direct download link:

Have fun downloading.

Сергей

Jan 22, 2011, 9:43:22 AM1/22/11
to ufu...@googlegroups.com
I've built an amd64 image on request from Steffen Apstein - Müller. It has the latest default settings package from the repository, which should contain less bugs. It's available to download from http://content.wuala.com/contents/Shnatsel/Ubuntu%20Furry%20Remix/ufurmix-lucid-rc1.5-amd64.iso?dl=1
MD5: 7bd7c4cb6fe850e366d612150d13f2
I won't make any torrents/metalinks, but feel free to make them yourself if you want.