PDFs : South Africa's "Skywatch", "Aquarian News", "Contact South Africa" and "Southern UFO News"

Isaac Koi

Jul 29, 2021, 12:58:27 PM7/29/21
to EuroU...@groups.io, ufo-col...@googlegroups.com
I have previously posted about the paucity of African UFO material online. As many of you probably know, Cynthia Hind's Afrinews is already on various websites (including in the Zimbabwe folder of the online archive I've helped create in the last few years) but until now there have been very, very few other African UFO newsletters online.

I've now uploaded another 4 sets of South African UFO newsletters, namely "Skywatch", "Aquarian News", "Contact South Africa" and "Southern UFO News".

I have added these newsletters to the South African folder, which already contained Edgar Siever's "Approach" (mentioned in one of my previous posts).

Each of these was published by Contact International (South Africa). That branch of Contact International no longer exists, but I have previously obtained permission from Contact to make their newsletters available online.

A touch of impatience can be detected in some of these publications, such as Elizabeth Klarer's "Contact South Africa" newsletter of November 1977, which stated "As far as I am concerned, I'm sick and tired of having to put Flying Saucers across to the ignorant public".

I'll turn to UFO material from other African countries soon. Any help getting relevant permissions would, as always, be welcome.

Once again, these scans were all provided by the AFU in Sweden. I haven't found any group in Africa yet that has an interest in preserving or disseminating UFO material.