Digitised UFO magazines online (English language)

Isaac Koi

Jan 13, 2014, 9:43:26 AM1/13/14
to ufo-col...@googlegroups.com
I've long thought that there is a considerable knowledge gap between ufological material online and the information available in print, so during the last few years I have been compiling and sporadically circulating a list of UFO magazines, journals and newsletters online (or, where possible, helping get such material online).

This list has been compiled and updated with kind assistance from various people, particularly Russian researcher Mikhail Gershtein and other members of the EuroUFO group.

I'd highlight the major collections of APRO bulletins, NICAP newsletters, MUFON Journals, Skeptics UFO Newsletters (by Phil Klass, Omni magazines, and Pursuit journals (SITU, Ivan T Sanderson).

(I continue to omit a link to an online collection of FSR journals due to potential copyright issues).

If anyone reading this post has previously edited/published a UFO newsletter/journal/magazine (or self-published a UFO book) that they think is worth making freely available online, then just send me an email. I may well be able to help get the material scanned, rendered searchable and/or uploaded to (say) a free file storage website.

For that matter, if you know someone else that has the rights to such material (either because they were the editor/writer, or because they are the heir of such a person) perhaps now would be a good time to reach out to then, ask if they would like that material to be freely available online. If so, again just send me an email and we can see whether something can be sorted out. I've found that a surprising number of people have been quite prepared to give their permission is someone actually takes the initiative and asks them for it.

I've previously posted elsewhere about methods of making it (relatively) quick and easy to download each of the collections at the links below (e.g. using download managers such as Flashget) and also about various methods of searching collections of such journals (plus a collection of UFO databases, official documents, email discussion list archives, books, academic dissertations and other material), e.g. at:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread762746/pg1

AFU Newsletter:

http://www.afu.info/newslett.htm

Anomaly - John Keel:
http://www.scribd.com/collections/2326181/John-Keel-s-Anomaly-Newsletter

APRO Bulletin 1955-73
http://www.openminds.tv/apro-bulletins/

Archaeus:
http://www.tricksterbook.com/Archaeus/Archaeus-JournalIssues.html

Arizona Skeptic Collection:
http://www.discord.org/~lippard/Arizona_Skeptic/
http://files.ncas.org/eye.html

Australian UFO Reports and Experiences newsletter (Robert Frola):
http://www.ufoinfo.com/ufoicq/index.shtml

Bent Spoon skeptical magazine:
http://thebentspoonmag.com/shop/

Cincinnati Skeptics Association for Rational Thought newsletter:
http://www.cincinnatiskeptics.org/newsletter/

Civilian Saucer Investigations-LA Bulletins 1953-54
http://www.project1947.com/shg/csi/index.html
(html)

Continuum Magazine (1988-1999), by Paranet Information
Services/Micap:
http://www.paranetinfo.com/published.html
PDF archive:
http://min.us/mXS673PBn

Cowflop Quaterley (Robert Todd)
http://www.roswellfiles.com/storytellers/Todd.htm

Creature Chronicles - Hominoid Research Group (formerly Hominoid
Research), a division of the Ohio UFO Investigators League 1980-
1984 (independent 1987-1991):
http://blakemathys.com/creaturechronicles.html

Desert Rat (Glenn Campbell - Area 51):
http://www.ufomind.com/area51/desertrat/
PDF archive (with kind permission of Glenn Campbell):
http://minus.com/mbagSpncFT

Disclosure Australia newsletters
http://www.auforn.com/DisclosureP.htm

EdgeScience [SSE]:
http://www.scientificexploration.org/edgescience/

Exopolitics Journal:
http://www.exopoliticsjournal.com/

Fountain Journal (Warminster UFO):
http://www.ufo-warminster.co.uk/fountain_journal/fj_top.htm

Inside Ufology newsletter (1987-1989, Jim Speiser):
http://www.ufoera.com/articles/_ufo_articles_and_commentary_1.html

International UFO Museum and Research Center at Roswell newsletter
http://web.archive.org/web/20061213054951/http://www.iufomrc.org/newsletter.shtml
http://web.archive.org/web/20030409193344/http://iufomrc.org/newsletter.shtml

Independent Researchers' Association for Anomalous Phenomena messenger newsletter:
http://www.iraap.org/messenger/

Info-Paranet Newsletters:
https://app.box.com/s/liegizcrh60wqy2qlxyr

Israeli Center for UFO Research newsletter:
http://www.oocities.org/icfufor/Pages/Journals.htm

Journal of Alternative Realities (Australasian Society for
Psychical Research and UFORUM):
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~amilani/jour.html (html)

Journal of Anomalous Sciences
http://www.thedimensionzone.com/hyper_link.htm

Journal of Scientific Exploration 1987-2008
http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/articles.html

Journal of UFO History
http://www.nicap.org/jufoh/JUFOH_Index.htm

Just Cause
http://www.greenwoodufoarchive.com/

Magonia/MUFORG articles:
http://pelicanist.blogspot.com/p/magonia-archive-contents.html
http://magonia.haaan.com/

Magonia Supplement:
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~magonia/contents.htm

MUFON Journal
http://web.archive.org/web/20120405015226/http://www.theblackvault.com/wiki/index.php/Category:MUFON_Journals

MUFON Michigan newsletter:
http://mimufon.org/mimufon/newsletter-archive/

MUFON Minnesota Journal:
http://www.mnmufon.org/mmjpdfold.htm

MUFON Missouri Journal:
http://missourimufon.org/Newsletters.html

MUFON Tennessee (Night Search magazine):
http://www.nightsearch.net/nspages/nsmagazine.htm
NICAP newsletters etc
See "UFO Investigator" below

Nordic UFO Newsletter:

http://www.ufonorway.com.ar/archive/NUN/

Northern UFO News
http://www.nufonews.co.uk/
Currently unavailable, hopefully only temporarily. However,
Jenny Randles and Robert Moore have kindly agreed to my
uploading searchable copies of the scanned issues of Northern
UFO News to a free file storage website at:
http://minus.com/mL1bI7wso/

North Texas Skeptics newsletters
http://www.ntskeptics.org/past.htm

Omni magazine:

http://archive.org/details/omni-magazine
Torrent:

http://www.bittorrent.am/download-torrent/8328600//0/OMNI%20Magazine%201978--1995.html
Index at:
http://omnimagindex.wordpress.com/

Paranormal Underground
http://issuu.com/paranormalunderground/docs
Tables of contents at:
http://www.paranormalunderground.net/site/category/magazine-archive/

Paranthropology 2010-2012
http://paranthropologyjournal.weebly.com/free-pdf.html

Phenomena Magazine (MAPIT):
http://www.phenomenamagazine.co.uk/#/back-issues/4571429617

Philadelphia Association for Critical Thinking (Phactum newsletter):
http://www.phact.org/phactums.php

Probe Report (edited by Ian Mrzyglod):

https://app.box.com/s/49oo7wuyembae5uqe74f

Pursuit - SITU journal (Ivan T Sanderson)

http://wisewiki.org/dl19 to

http://wisewiki.org/dl27

Details at:

http://wisewiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=WISE+Digital+Library+%28WDL%29

Rational Examination Association of Lincoln Land (Martin Kottmeyer et al):
http://www.reall.org/newsletter/

Saucer Smear
http://www.martiansgohome.com/smear/

Shadow of a Doubt (NCAS)
http://files.ncas.org/newsletters/shadow-mz.html

Skeptic, The (AU) full set 1991-2010
http://www.skeptics.com.au/publications/magazine/

Skeptical Adversaria (ASKE):
http://www.aske-skeptics.org.uk/adversaria_archive.html

Skeptical Intelligencer (ASKE):
http://www.aske-skeptics.org.uk/Intelligencer_archive.html

Skeptical Eye (NCAS)
More recent:
http://files.ncas.org/eye.html
Older issues:
http://files.ncas.org/newsletters/shadow-mz.html

Skeptics UFO Newsletter (Klass) articles between 1994 and 1999:
http://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/archive/category/the_skeptics_ufo_newsletter

https://app.box.com/s/ztgq3crjhxi9qgbo08hi

South Shore Skeptics newsletters (1997):

http://home.earthlink.net/~jimkutz/sss/newsletter.html

SSE Explorer:
http://www.scientificexploration.org/explorer/

Sub Rosa:
http://subrosa.dailygrail.com/download.html

SUNLite (Tim Printy)
http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/SUNlite.htm

Tampa Bay Skeptics newsletter (Gary Posner et al):
http://www.tampabayskeptics.org/tbs_report.html

Tasmanian UFO Investigation Centre (Paul Jackson):
http://www.users.on.net/~jacksonp51/tufoic/sight.html

UFO Afrinews 1988-2000 (Cynthia Hind)
http://www.ufoafrinews.com/resources.html

UFO Contactee (GAP Japan)

http://www.adamski.jp/gap-japan/ucon-e/ucon-e-dld.htm

UFO Data
http://www.ufo-data.co.uk/ufodatamagazinedownloads.htm
A searchable version of that collection is at the link below,
with the kind permission of UFO Data's Steve Johnson
("MercuryRapids"):
http://minus.com/m6YZwNANz

UFO Historical Review
http://www.greenwoodufoarchive.com/

UFO Info (Warminster)
http://www.ufo-warminster.co.uk/ufo-info/ufo-info_top.htm

UFO Investigator (NICAP):
http://www.cufos.org/NICAP.html

UFO Midwest magazine:
http://web.archive.org/web/20120730233306/http://www.ufomidwest.com/

UFO Monthly:
http://www.afu.se/Downloads/Magazines/United%20Kingdom/UFO%20Monthly/

UFO News UK (Anthony James - 2001 to 2003)
http://www.ufoinfo.com/ufonewsuk/index.shtml
PDF archive (with kind permission of John Hayes):
http://min.us/mIhEFymaD

UFO-Norway News
http://www.ufonorway.com.ar/archive/UNN/

UFO + PSI Magazine (Christian Pfeiler):
http://www.ufoinfo.com/ufopsi/
PDF archive (with kind permission of John Hayes):
http://min.us/mlgtE0dul

UFO Reporter (New South Wales)
http://www.ufor.asn.au/pages/ufor/magazine/index.php
Searchable PDFs:
http://min.us/m5Q25PHgW

UFO Review (edited by Stuart Miller)
http://web.archive.org/web/20070701121059/http://www.uforeview.net/

UFO Roundup (Joseph Trainor):
http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/

Understanding (Contactee Daniel Fry newsletter), 1956-1989
http://danielfry.com/daniels-writings/

Vestigia Newsletter (various issues from 1970s)
PDF archive:
http://min.us/mL8CVOKzS

Voice, The
http://www.scribd.com/doc/67623642/The-Voice-Newsletter-UK-ET-MC-Underground-Bases#

Warminster UFO Newsletter
http://www.ufo-warminster.co.uk/w_ufo_n/w_ufo_n_top.htm

X Chronicles newsletter (Rob McConnell):
http://www.scribd.com/xzoneradiotv/documents

Zetetic Scholar
http://www.tricksterbook.com/truzzi/ZeteticScholars.html

Laurent Chabin

Jul 26, 2014, 8:41:34 AM7/26/14
to ufo-col...@googlegroups.com
For the French Review  "Lumières dans la Nuit"  edited since feb 1958 ! Might be right now the oldest one still alive.
About 256 Digitized covers are here http://ldln.fr/couverture/couvertures.
SCEAU and Joël Mesnard the editor are the repositories for the paper version.
If you click on the file name instead of the picture, you have access to the cover at scan resolution.
Since LDLN is in the process of changing hands, there could be a renewed interest by the future editor in the digitization of the whole archive, at least for publicity purposes.
The community would have to give a list of arguments to be persuasive.
laurent