UFFS on NOR flash

瀏覽次數:69 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Chris Wilson

未讀,
2019年4月15日 晚上9:47:322019/4/15
收件者:UFFS
We are migrating our implementation of UFFS to new hardware.  This means that the flash interface below UFFS will become
NOR-like because the bad block handling will be done elsewhere.

Have you got any instructions on how to use UFFS on top of NOR flash?  The UFFS homepage (https://sites.google.com/site/gouffs/)
states that UFFS supports NOR flash.  UFFS appears to be based on the uffs_TagStoreSt structures being persisted in the NAND flash
spare area.  NOR flash does not have a spare area in general.  So in order to use UFFS on top of NOR flash, is it necessary to use
some of the normal page area as a speare area?

Ricky Zheng

未讀,
2019年4月27日 晚上7:51:022019/4/27
收件者:uf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

When using UFFS on NOR flash, you can simply take part of the page as "spare area", for example, a NOR flash has 4K (4096B) size of page, you can take the last 64 bytes as "spare" area, and use the first 4032 bytes as page data area. Basically, you simulate NAND flash structure on top of NOR flash.

Hope this helps.

Ricky

回覆所有人
回覆作者