UDAP Testing Tool Client App Tests IP addresses

Tom Loomis

May 19, 2021, 5:07:23 PMMay 19
to UDAP

Hi All:

For the client testing tool it looks like the client needs to be a public client (so we can not build it on localhost for testing)?  Can you explain what the 2 ip's (Client IP an User IP) should be for the Client App Tests of the Test Tool?

Thanks in advance

Tom

UDAP

May 19, 2021, 5:15:27 PMMay 19
to UDAP
Hi Tom,

Client IP is external IP address from which the token request will originate

User IP is the IP address from which the user will enter their username and password for authorization code flow into the OAuth sign in page

Thanks,
The UDAP Team
UDAP.org

sandeep ranjitkar

Sep 8, 2021, 12:45:39 PMSep 8
to UDAP
What is the actual difference in the Client App test and Server  test for UDAP , Can you please explain some scenarios?

So here does it mean that Client IP is the IP of the server where our Client Application resides that fetches the data from other FHIR server ?
and USER IP is the public IP of the end-user who will use the frontend application providing the user credentials to access the FHIR data from the Client App server we provided the IP above as the Client IP and in what scenario the OAuth being used ?

UDAP

Sep 8, 2021, 1:02:50 PMSep 8
to UDAP
The client app tests are to test clients (the application that is making the OAuth and FHIR requests) and the server tests are to test servers (the server responding to FHIR and OAuth requests).

Yes, the Client IP is the IP where your application interacts with the FHIR and OAuth servers, from which your OAuth token request originates. It sounds like you have the User IP correct also.