Change node border colors

Arundhati Bakshi

Mar 20, 2013, 10:00:41 PM3/20/13
to ucsf...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I am trying to analyze four experiment sets and was hoping to be able to get four different node (circle) colors for them. However, the default settings on Egan seem to assign green to two of them and grey (no color border) to the other two. Is there any way I can change the settings so that I am able to get four different colored node borders to differentiate better between my experiment sets?

Thank you for your help in advance.

ucsf egan

Mar 28, 2013, 5:26:36 PM3/28/13
to ucsf...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The node border colors can only be derived from one experiment at a time.  To view values from multiple experiments, you need to swap the active experiment by checking the appropriate box in the Experiment Table (in the Experiment Tab in the Bottom Table).

Now, if your experiment sets actually represent only the "significant" genes from each experiment (which I think is likely - since the gray border colors for some of the gene nodes indicate that they are not in the set of the currently active experiment), then I suggest you use the yellow 'G' button in the right side of the network view to create a custom set from each experiment set (select all genes that were significant for each experiment first).  You can then show these custom association nodes on the graph - this will allow you to visualize the overlap between gene sets from multiple experiments.

Does that make sense?

Remember, it is advised that you load all gene statistics for each experiment, even if they fail to pass a significance cutoff - EGAN will let you select a significance cutoff later.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Jesser