Calculate ParaSeeds, PermuSeeds problem: grey'd out (EGAN 1.4; windows;java6)

dS

Feb 15, 2014, 5:55:18 PM2/15/14
to ucsf...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I was using EGAN to load up my experiments and calculate ParaSeeds/PermuSeeds afterwards instead of selecting to calculate from the welcome screen. Now when the interface is up and running and I select E(nrichment) I can only do visual enrichments and the ParaSeed/PermuSeed selection is grey'd out and can not be selected. Anyone advice?

ucsf egan

Feb 17, 2014, 1:20:21 PM2/17/14
to ucsf...@googlegroups.com
The PermuSEED and ParaSEED algorithms are run after all the gene set data are loaded in the interface (which happens after the interface comes up).  If you pay attention to the status message at the bottom of the Network View, you will see an update regarding the starting and finishing of those algorithms.

Depending on how many permutations you choose, this can take some time.

Jesse

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 2:55 PM, dS <d.s...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi, I was using EGAN to load up my experiments and calculate ParaSeeds/PermuSeeds afterwards instead of selecting to calculate from the welcome screen. Now when the interface is up and running and I select E(nrichment) I can only do visual enrichments and the ParaSeed/PermuSeed selection is grey'd out and can not be selected. Anyone advice?

ucsf egan

Feb 17, 2014, 1:45:58 PM2/17/14
to ucsf...@googlegroups.com
Note that clicking on buttons in the UI will change the status messages, so for better clarity, you have to leave the UI alone while you wait.

Jesse

ucsf egan

Feb 17, 2014, 1:50:22 PM2/17/14
to ucsf...@googlegroups.com
Also note that by "take some time", this might mean minutes (<1000 permutations, few experiment columns, go get a coffee/sandwich) to hours (>1000 permutations, many experiment columns, let it run overnight).

Jesse

dS

Feb 18, 2014, 3:03:48 AM2/18/14
to ucsf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jesse,

thanks for the reply, the curious thing is: On a Mac the calculations are done after around 1.5h while the PC doesn't even offer to click on the [E]nrichment, as I mentioned before on my PC the permaSeed/paraSeed menu items are greyd out and unselectable.