Talk: David Monniaux Tu 10:30am

Cormac Flanagan

Jul 26, 2007, 5:22:50 PM7/26/07
to ucsc...@googlegroups.com
David Monniaux will present a talk on his work in E2-399 from
10:30-12:30 on Tu July 31st.

Title: Optimal abstraction on real-valued programs

Abstract:

In this paper, we show that it is possible to abstract program fragments
using real variables using formulas in the theory of real closed fields.
This abstraction is compositional and modular. We first propose an exact
abstraction for programs without loops. Given an abstract domain (in a
wide class including intervals and octagons), we then show how to obtain
an optimal abstraction of program fragments with respect to that domain.
This abstraction allows computing optimal fixed points inside that
abstract domain, without the need for a widening operator.

--
Cormac Flanagan
Associate Professor