Seminar Abstract Wed nov 21st, 2pm E2-308

1 view

Andrew Trapani

Nov 14, 2007, 2:33:38 PM11/14/07
to ucsc...@googlegroups.com, William Dunbar
Airspace Separation Assurance Using Realistic Turn Dynamics

Based on work by Heinz Erzberger, UCSC Adjunct Professor, NASA, and my
grant's principle investigator.

Basing a conflict resolution theory on realistic turn dynamics has not
yet been done. The assumption an aircraft will change heading
instantaneously can cause a collision to occur where the theory shows
the aircraft avoiding each other. I will show how I will be testing
both theories side by side with different constraints for my Masters
project. I may continue onto a problem where aircraft in a local area
can affect each others conflict resolution maneuvers by explaining
some examples with communication protocols based on broadcasting.