Re: 3 new messages in 2 topics - abridged

Caitlin Sadowski

Mar 1, 2008, 2:25:12 PM3/1/08
to ucsc-tcs group, ucsc-tcs abridged email subscribers
I thought Nathan's defense was at 10:00am Monday. Anyone know details?

-Caitlin

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 2:52 AM, ucsc-tcs group <nor...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> UCSC CS Theory and Software
> ucsc...@googlegroups.com
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/ucsc-tcs?hl=en
>
> Today's most active topics:
>
> * Seminar: Jeff Hammerbacher (Facebook), Monday, 3/3, 10:30-11:30, E2.375 - 2 new
> http://groups.google.com/group/ucsc-tcs/t/06b039f665330afd?hl=en
> * Monday Feb 25 talk: stochastic games - 1 new
> http://groups.google.com/group/ucsc-tcs/t/fe88c280569f158e?hl=en
>

> Active Topics
> -------------
>
> Monday Feb 25 talk: stochastic games - 1 new
> Title: Stochastic Games with Automata Objectives Speaker: Krishnendu
> Chatterjee Monday February 25, 4pm, E2 Rm 352 Abstract: Dynamic games played
> on game graphs with winning conditions specified as automata provide the
> theoretical framework for the study of controller synthesis and multi-process
> verification. These games have been used in - Wed, Feb 20 2008 10:18 pm
> 1 message, 1 author
> http://groups.google.com/group/ucsc-tcs/t/fe88c280569f158e?hl=en
>

> Seminar: Jeff Hammerbacher (Facebook), Monday, 3/3, 10:30-11:30, E2.375 - 2
> new
> ---
> This seminar seems to be highly interesting, and I propose we move CS 280G on
> Monday to 10:30, to coincide with this seminar. Luca ---------- Forwarded
> message ---------- ...3/3, 10:30-11:30, E2.375 To: facu...@soe.ucsc.edu, csgr..
> .@soe.ucsc.edu Cc: "Grace I. Rathe" <gra...@soe.ucsc.edu> Date/Time: this
> Monday, 3/3/08, 10:30-11:30 - Fri, Feb 29 2008 11:14 am
> 2 messages , 2 authors
> http://groups.google.com/group/ucsc-tcs/t/06b039f665330afd?hl=en

> To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
> http://groups.google.com/group/ucsc-tcs/subscribe?hl=en
>
> To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to ab...@googlegroups.com

> Google Groups: http://groups.google.com?hl=en

Luca de Alfaro

Mar 1, 2008, 2:50:03 PM3/1/08
to Caitlin Sadowski, ucsc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for letting me know!
I think then it is best to cancel 280G on Monday: I assume most people will go to either the defense, or the talk.

Krishnendu will give the second part of his talk on games, which focuses on non-zero-sum games, but he will do so next Monday, that is, in 9 days -- he needs time to prepare the talk.

Best,

Luca