Have a good break!

Big K

Dec 6, 2009, 10:56:40 AM12/6/09
to UCSC Shotokan Karate Club
Well folks, that's a wrap! Training is over till after Winter Break.
If you wish, you can continue to train at home until classes start
again. Kicking doors closed, eating holiday dinner while in
zenkutsudachi, etc.

You all improved sooo much since you started in September-ish! We're
hoping to have a belt testing in January or so to get you all to your
next belt rank.

As always, if you have any friends who you'd like to train with, bring
'em along!

Anywho... have a good break!!

Kyle

Josh Martin

Dec 7, 2009, 3:26:24 PM12/7/09
to ucsc-shotoka...@googlegroups.com
I would like to add by saying how happy I was to see such a righteous turn out this last quarter.  It was a real pleasure to have all the experienced karateka come train with the club last quarter.  As to next year, my hope it to see everyone who is not graduating return for training and maybe bring a friend.  I am sure you felt it too, but when there is more people it is more fun to train.

I believe we will have the same class times as this quarter, but if they change we will let you know.  As to testing, it is my hope that we will have a belt test with Sensei Keeling toward the end of January.  That should give those who want to test a few weeks to brush up on the moves.  Testing is not mandatory, but it does help to know where you are currently in your knowledge and skill.

Have a wonderful holiday season and I look forward to seeing you all in the new year!

Very best,
Josh

Josh Martin

Dec 7, 2009, 3:27:47 PM12/7/09
to ucsc-shotoka...@googlegroups.com
Oh, this goes without saying, but...Good luck on your final exams!