Who is teaching on Wednesday, March 10?

Lisa B

Mar 8, 2010, 4:34:47 AM3/8/10
to UCSC Shotokan Karate Club
I'm not sure if I will make it to training on Wednesday, March 10. I
am a bad student and I did not get a certain 10-page essay due on
time. It's due Thursday afternoon within the first 10 minutes of a
class. I may be stuck in my room frantically working on it instead of
practicing Heian Nidan, which I keep making the same mistakes in :p

Whoa, a lot of 10s there. Anyway, who is teaching then? I assume Luke
and Kyle have ended their music workshop and will be back for
Wednesdays, right? Also, Luke, you said I win Chinese music cds from
you, but I'm not sure when I can collect them.

Luke Abbott

Mar 8, 2010, 12:10:30 PM3/8/10
to ucsc-shotoka...@googlegroups.com
Kyle and I will be there both tonight and Wednesday, leading class, unless Josh shows up, in which case it's anyone's guess who'll be leading class. :-)

As far as Heian Nidan, you might want to try looking at this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36pI7IRLqFs - once a day or something... yeah, it's not the same as doing it, but if there's a part you're forgetting or mis-memorizing... well, the "little bit a day" approach works well for me. Better yet, do the kata itself once a day! :-)

Good luck on your essay.

Luke

p.s. - it was Kyle who has the CDs... you guys can sort that out on Facebook, but he probably just put them in our karate bag.

Lisa B

Mar 10, 2010, 10:37:24 PM3/10/10
to UCSC Shotokan Karate Club
Wow, it really was Kyle that had those. Where was my brain when I
typed that?

Also, I may be able to take the kyu test after all. I already signed
up to leave my building for Spring Break on Saturday, all I gotta do
is remind my parents that they are picking me up Saturday afternoon.

I'd like to know if there is training next Monday, March 15? Finals
technically start Tuesday March 16 and end Friday March 19. If there
is, I'll try to make it even though I could be late.