Re: No training next three Wednesdays

2 views
Skip to first unread message
Message has been deleted

Big K

unread,
Feb 16, 2010, 12:30:22 PM2/16/10
to UCSC Shotokan Karate Club
Well, let me rephrase that...

Class is not cancelled. . . It's just Luke and I and most likely Josh
won't be able to make it. I highly encourage you to still go and
train. if you are the highest ranking member, please lead class. Just
don't do kumite without us present. ;-)

Cheerio,

Kyle
On Feb 16, 7:42 am, Big K <k...@playingbyear.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Well, Luke and I will be teaching a music class for the next three
> weeks and so won't be able to make it on Wednesdays. Also, since Josh
> is having a hard time finding a babysitter to take care of his kid on
> Wednesday (I still think he should let his youngin' ride him piggyback
> while he teaches!), it seems it would be good to just cancel. So the
> next three Wednesdays (starting this week) are cancelled.
>
> However, Monday training is still on! Same time, same place. So come
> on this day to relieve your stress and pent-up anger!! Also, if you're
> gonna be testing (which y'all are ready to do of course), it would be
> good to make it on Mondays so you'll stay fresh and ready for the
> testing.
>
> Seeya next Monday!
>
> Kyle

Josh Martin

unread,
Feb 16, 2010, 1:47:01 PM2/16/10
to ucsc-shotoka...@googlegroups.com
I would not like to cancel class for those who want to attend.  However, as Kyle wrote below, I will have to hire a babysitter to watch Ryder while I attend class.  I would like to get a head count as to who will be attending before I extend the $$$ for child care.  Please email back if you are planning to attend tomorrow night. 
 
Thanks,
Josh

--- On Tue, 2/16/10, Big K <ky...@playingbyear.com> wrote:
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "UCSC Shotokan Karate Club" group.
To post to this group, send email to ucsc-shotoka...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to ucsc-shotokan-karate-club+unsub...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ucsc-shotokan-karate-club?hl=en.


Lisa B

unread,
Feb 16, 2010, 3:24:46 PM2/16/10
to UCSC Shotokan Karate Club
I was planning on attending Wednesday training, but the prospect of it
not being led by a senpai/sensei is worrisome. What is even more
confusing is how many people are actually going to show up, seeing as
how not everyone posts here, etc. I guess I should start going to
Monday training, but I would be consistently late every time because
of my evening class.

Ian Wang

unread,
Feb 16, 2010, 3:27:39 PM2/16/10
to ucsc-shotoka...@googlegroups.com
I've been sick for the past, week and am not really in a position to train, so i won't be able to show up this wednesday.
-Ian

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "UCSC Shotokan Karate Club" group.
To post to this group, send email to ucsc-shotoka...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to ucsc-shotokan-kara...@googlegroups.com.

Tori Valencia

unread,
Feb 22, 2010, 3:31:09 PM2/22/10
to ucsc-shotoka...@googlegroups.com
Hi there

Will I have a hard time getting in tonight?

Thanks

Tori Valencia

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Big K <ky...@playingbyear.com> wrote:
Hey folks,

Well, Luke and I will be teaching a music class for the next three
weeks and so won't be able to make it on Wednesdays. Also, since Josh
is having a hard time finding a babysitter to take care of his kid on
Wednesday (I still think he should let his youngin' ride him piggyback
while he teaches!), it seems it would be good to just cancel. So the
next three Wednesdays (starting this week) are cancelled.

However, Monday training is still on! Same time, same place. So come
on this day to relieve your stress and pent-up anger!! Also, if you're
gonna be testing (which y'all are ready to do of course), it would be
good to make it on Mondays so you'll stay fresh and ready for the
testing.

Seeya next Monday!

Kyle
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "UCSC Shotokan Karate Club" group.
To post to this group, send email to ucsc-shotoka...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to ucsc-shotokan-kara...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ucsc-shotokan-karate-club?hl=en.




--


Tori Valencia, CMT, RM

Equine Bodywork Intern

Big K

unread,
Feb 22, 2010, 3:35:18 PM2/22/10
to UCSC Shotokan Karate Club
Oh, you mean 'cause of the guard post thingys? Well, it depends.
Though we have cards, we just say we're going up to train and for the
most part they let us in without us showing them.

I think if you say you're "here for a special karate seminar*" they
should let you pass.

*It's special 'cause you're gonna be there! (that's a rare, special
event, is it not?)

> > ucsc-shotokan-kara...@googlegroups.com<ucsc-shotokan-karate-club%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Luke Abbott

unread,
Feb 22, 2010, 4:44:11 PM2/22/10
to ucsc-shotoka...@googlegroups.com
Specifically, it's best if you go to the lower entrance (the exercise-equipment building) and say you're just going to do karate while pointing to the north. Half of the time they assume that card-swiping is only needed if you use the main exercise facilities.

This is all off the record, right? ;-)

Luke



To unsubscribe from this group, send email to ucsc-shotokan-kara...@googlegroups.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages