DGE analysis on TCGA samples

Arpita Mohapatra

Jun 26, 2024, 11:36:30 AMJun 26
to UCSC Xena and Cancer Genomics Browser
Good Morning,
I want to perform DGE on selected subgroups, and I need to do that using DESeq2 method. I tried to change it in advanced options, but I don't see a DESeq2 option.
I need the DESeq2 .csv file.
can you advise on how I can do that?

Mary Goldman

Jun 26, 2024, 4:34:06 PMJun 26
to Arpita Mohapatra, UCSC Xena and Cancer Genomics Browser
Good morning,

We automatically run DGE on our default datasets, which for most cohorts is not the counts data. DESeq2 requires counts data, which is why it is not shown as an option for FPKM, etc. I've added a feature request to run DGE on a non-default gene expression dataset. In the meantime, you can download our data and run the analysis on the Appyter site itself: https://appyters.maayanlab.cloud/#/Bulk_RNA_seq.

Best,
Mary
-----
Mary Goldman (she/her), Design and Outreach Engineer

A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature