KM plot grouped by sample names

Ziyuan Zhao

Nov 25, 2023, 2:04:04 PM11/25/23
to UCSC Xena and Cancer Genomics Browser
Hi, when plotting KM curves, the subgroups were automatically divided by the expression of one/several genes. If I have my own groups, can I just give the input containing sample name of different groups to plot the KM curve, or do I have to download the survival data and draw it by other tool?

Mary Goldman

Nov 27, 2023, 9:34:13 AM11/27/23
to Ziyuan Zhao, UCSC Xena and Cancer Genomics Browser
Hello,

Yes, you can run a KM plot where your subgroups are defined however you choose. For an example of this, please see our tutorial here: https://ucsc-xena.gitbook.io/project/tutorials/basic-tutorial-section-2#part-b. See Part B where the subgroups are defined and then Part C where the KM analysis is run.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need help with creating a column with your subgroups.

Best,
Mary
-----
Mary Goldman (she/her), Design and Outreach Engineer

A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature