Counting overlapping reads

Vladimir Wischnewski

Feb 9, 2024, 10:33:28 AMFeb 9
to UCSC Xena and Cancer Genomics Browser

Dear all,

Thank you very much for providing this incredible tool.

I have a question related to the in-house RNA-seq processing pipeline.

I was wondering how the internal data processing pipeline handles reads mapping to multiple genes/regions (multi-mapper)?

The GDC pipeline is removing all reads that map to more than one gene, which makes it impossible to study genes with orthologues in the genome. Thus, I was wondering if your in-house processing handle this differently. Unfortunately, I couldn´t find this information in the original publication or the github page.

I look much forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Vladimir

Mary Goldman

Feb 9, 2024, 4:36:57 PMFeb 9
to Vladimir Wischnewski, UCSC Xena and Cancer Genomics Browser
Hi Vladimir,

While the UCSC Toil RNAseq recompute was computed at UCSC, it was not computed by the Xena team itself. Our dataset pages may have the answer: https://xenabrowser.net/datapages/?host=https%3A%2F%2Ftoil.xenahubs.net, but if not, you will likely need to contact the corresponding author of the paper, Benedict Paten, or the first author, John Vivian.

Best,
Mary
-----
Mary Goldman (she/her), Design and Outreach Engineer

A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature

Vladimir Wischnewski

Feb 13, 2024, 11:01:22 AMFeb 13
to UCSC Xena and Cancer Genomics Browser
Hi Mary,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. This info is unfortunately not provided on the dataset pages.
I will contact the  author.

All the best,
Vladimir