Normal vs. primary tumor samples

Racha Hosni

Mar 27, 2024, 9:44:11 AMMar 27
to UCSC Xena and Cancer Genomics Browser
Hello,

Could you please clarify whether the 'solid tissue normal' samples are paired (i.e. from the same patient) with the 'primary tumor' samples ? If so, how can I recognize which samples belong to the same patient?

Thanks in adavance.

Best,
Racha

Mary Goldman

Mar 27, 2024, 5:46:56 PMMar 27
to Racha Hosni, UCSC Xena and Cancer Genomics Browser
Hi Racha,

I recommend adding the column '_PATIENT' to your view. This will allow you to confirm that the samples both came from the same patient.

You can add this by choosing 'Phenotype' when adding a new column, clicking 'Advanced', and then searching for 'patient'.

Best,
Mary
-----
Mary Goldman (she/her), Design and Outreach Engineer

A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature