Constructing PPI, GGI, and Coexpression Networks from TCGA Data

Sandhya

Apr 11, 2024, 10:32:40 AMApr 11
to UCSC Xena and Cancer Genomics Browser
Good After Noon All,

I'm seeking guidance on constructing Protein-Protein Interaction (PPI), Gene-Gene Interaction (GGI), and Coexpression networks using TCGA data from UCSC Xena and Cancer Genomics Browser. Specifically, I'm interested in extracting genes from TCGA data and mapping them to databases like String or Biogrid for PPI and GGI analysis. Additionally, I aim to include all protein interactions related to proteins in the database. Could anyone provide insights or suggestions on how to approach this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Mary Goldman

Apr 11, 2024, 6:33:28 PMApr 11
to Sandhya, UCSC Xena and Cancer Genomics Browser
Hi Sandhya,

I'm afraid we're not funded to advise on how to extract PPI, GGI, and coexpression networks but you may find it useful to download our data to work with: https://xenabrowser.net/datapages/. We have both gene expression (GDC and legacy TCGA) and protein expression (legacy TCGA only). Let me know if there's other data you're interested in!

Others on the mailing list may comment on how they have built these!

Best,
Mary
-----
Mary Goldman (she/her), Design and Outreach Engineer

A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature