Fwd: SB R Meetup Tuesday 7-9pm: R for websites & data science, useR meeting highlights

Ben Best

Sep 15, 2016, 1:57:01 PM9/15/16
to ucsb-data-science
Hello UCSB-Data-Science,

Some of you might be interested in the local R Meetup this Tuesday evening at the UCSB Library.

Sign up soon, since only 9 spots remain.

Cheers, Ben

Tuesday, September 20, 2016
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
UCSB Collaboratory, Davidson Library

Hi SB R users, we're reviving this meetup with the following topics:

• Authoring websites with Rmarkdown [Ben Best]

• Review of R for Data Science [Chris Lortie]

• Highlights from UseR meeting in Stanford [Helen Chen, ...]

Please RSVP if you plan to attend. We currently have a limit of 30 seats.

Anyone else who attended the UseR meeting either in person or virtually (see video archive) is encouraged to share highlights.

You can find a Google Map highlighting where to park (Lot 3), walk and arrive at the UCSB Collaboratory (Mountain side of Davidson Library, 2nd floor Room 2322). Special thanks to speakers and Jon Jablonski for offering this great space to host!

Please share this invitation with anyone who might be interested. We're excited to have a broad spectrum of R users attend, whether academically affiliated with UCSB or otherwise, from any discipline (eg environmental, medical, financial, etc).

Other local groups using R, some of whom will be in attendance and with more recent activity, include: Eco-Data-ScienceUCSB-Data-ScienceSB Data Science, and Data Science at UCSB

~~~~
Ben Best, PhD
Environmental Data Scientist
calendarLANY