Events this week

Steve Brown

Jan 9, 2017, 9:46:25 PM1/9/17
to ucsb-dat...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Here are some events this week that you may be interested in:

  • The UCSB Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) is starting a seminar series on machine learning at 3:30-4:30pm in South Hall Room 4607b starting this Wednesday Jan. 11th.
  • Philip Nelson, Director of Software engineering at Google, is giving a talk on "Machine Learning for Bio Research" this Thursday, Jan 12, 2-3pm, in Elings 1601. You can RSVP here.

Also there are several opportunities with upcoming application deadlines:

I've been pretty busy working on my dissertation lately, but I'd love to start meeting with people again! Perhaps we could meet up for lunch every other week to talk about the projects we are working on and share advice.

Best,
Steve