Possible future meeting topic

George Law

Dec 9, 2021, 4:42:21 PM12/9/21
to UCLUG
Pinged Jas about this on slack but figured I would throw it out there with next week's "shoot out" for the markdown tools

Doing support, you get kinda sick of repeating the same thing over and over and over again, and that doesn't just apply to support.
example, if you have several different email signatures you use on a regular basis, having a short cut to automatically paste into
an email comes in handy.

For the past couple of years with IBM I had used Clippings - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/clippings/
Another one for web browsers is Magical - https://www.getmagical.com/

I have not tried magical - but both of these only work via your web browser - but what about outside of your web browser and on the whole OS level?

So the 2  main contenders  that I know of anyway -

So - what are other people using - and maybe a good topic for a future "shoot out"?

-- signing with an espanso tag :_uclug

George Law
Linux User since 1995-ish
first install: slackware, one floppy disk at a time
main distros: business - RHEL, since Red Hat desktop 3 circa 1997, home - long time debian based (ubuntu, #!, bunsen labs, pure debian) but currently migrating back to fedora (35)
Currently work for Red Hat - geo...@redhat.com