Next Meeting: 2024-Jan-9 18:30 - Blockchain

Jas Eckard

Jan 3, 2024, 10:26:47 PMJan 3
to UCLUG
Happy New Year everyone!

Our January 9 meeting will be presented by Caleb Power. He will be
talking about Blockchain, the datatypes and algorithms behind
cryptocurrencies and other distributed ledger technologies.

If you can't meet in person at OpenWorks:

101 N Main St,
Greenville, SC
(Enter from 3rd floor of Richardson Street Parking Deck)

then feel free to join us, along with ColaLUG, at:

https://meet.jit.si/sclugs

Feel free to sign up if you like at:

https://gettogether.community/events/45697/jan-2024-meeting-blockchain/

--Jas
.
..:

Ben Francis

Jan 4, 2024, 5:06:52 PMJan 4
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Hey all. Caleb has another presentation  besides blockchain:

  • V2C - discussion on a protocol and application suite designed to assist folks with physical disabilities to connect and interface with unknown computers and custom applications independently through their voice (more info here: https://v2c-development-team.github.io)
You may want to hear that one over the blockchain talk, as blockchain is 14 years old now.

I didn't know he had this talk in his bag when I told Jas. Sorry, Jas.

Anyway, let me know which one you want to hear so I can give him time to prepare.

Ben

Jas Eckard

Jan 4, 2024, 6:08:19 PMJan 4
to uc...@googlegroups.com
I wouldn't mind either one, to be honest.

I've already announced here, on GetTogether, and HackGreenville
(including #cryptocurrency channel). It wouldn't be that much of a
deal to correct these announcements, but could we have V2C at another
date? Or is it too short notice for him to "change gears"?

Does anyone else have opinions?

--Jas
.
..:
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/uclug/CAKmOqmQfmnWMofuD2kfVi%3D8CdAjRu6mA9JD%3DkpwEdjp8nrEhmw%40mail.gmail.com.

Dan Calloway

Jan 4, 2024, 6:37:35 PMJan 4
to UCLUG Google Group
Jas,

Yes. "Measure twice, cut once." Go with the original stated presentation.

Dan Calloway
Linux Veteran; Open Source Advocate
Asheville, NC
"Heavy is the head that wears the crown."
-- Mary Spender

Ben Francis

Jan 4, 2024, 8:16:30 PMJan 4
to uc...@googlegroups.com
OK, blockchain it is. We'll see if he can do V2C another day.

This is the blockchain blurb:

  • Blockchain basics - a discussion on data structures, strengths and weaknesses, and lightly touching (but not focusing on) application
Ben

Jas Eckard

Jan 9, 2024, 9:15:19 AMJan 9
to uc...@googlegroups.com
This is a reminder that we meet tonight:
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/uclug/CAKmOqmQCcbr%2BOf1X7WpFkQ-mDM8%2BZCq32qmFb4aPT9hmyi1MfQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Ben Francis

Jan 11, 2024, 5:24:02 PMJan 11
to uc...@googlegroups.com