OT: Chromebook + Linux Mint as LAMP server

Darrell Lee

Dec 16, 2021, 11:55:26 AM12/16/21
to Upstate Carolina Linux Users Group
Does anyone have any experience with Chromebooks? I do not but I would
like to convert one to run Linux Mint and use it as a LAMP server for a
small project. Anyone ever tried this? Is 4Gb of memory enough for
this? Any info or experience is greatly appreciated.

--
Darrell Lee
Advanced Data Systems, Inc.

Tim Fowler

Dec 16, 2021, 11:57:29 AM12/16/21
to uc...@googlegroups.com
I have two older chrome books running Linux. Been awhile since I messed with them but it was pretty easy to do. 4gb should be plenty

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 16, 2021, at 10:55 AM, 'Darrell Lee' via Upstate Carolina Linux Users Group <uc...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Does anyone have any experience with Chromebooks? I do not but I would like to convert one to run Linux Mint and use it as a LAMP server for a small project. Anyone ever tried this? Is 4Gb of memory enough for this? Any info or experience is greatly appreciated.

Darrell Lee

Dec 16, 2021, 12:17:57 PM12/16/21
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Tim