Future meeting topics

Jas Eckard

Jan 11, 2023, 10:25:25 AM1/11/23
to UCLUG
I want to start out thanking Jam for presenting at last night's meeting.

The purpose of this email is to plan out the next couple of months,
instead of waiting at the last moment like I often do. So, if you
have told me in the past that you'd be willing to give a
talk/presentation/demo on any topic, assume that I have forgotten.
Please let me know or respond here of what the topic is, and when you
could tentatively talk about it. Remember that we meet the second
Tuesday of each month at 18:30. You could give the presentation
in-person at our meeting place, or connect to Jitsi from home, like
Jam did last night.

If you haven't given a presentation yet, or you have and are thinking
about another topic (there were several good ideas I heard about last
night), please also let me know or respond here. Heck, there are so
many things that all of you know that I would love to know more about,
I just need you to share with me. :^) Don't assume "Everybody knows
about that, they wouldn't be interested in what I have to say".

One of the good things about planning out meetings in advance is, I
can contact others that may "sponsor" the meeting and provide snacks,
so keep that in mind.

--Jas
.
..:

Ben Francis

Mar 8, 2023, 6:53:45 PM3/8/23
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Jas,

Mackenzie Morris got in a car accident and can't do the presentation for March 14.

I'm looking for alternatives.

Ben

Datapioneer

Mar 8, 2023, 9:26:32 PM3/8/23
to Upstate Carolina Linux Users Group
Jas,

I would be willing to give a presentation on an open source application called Mesh Central Server as early as April, 2023 if this is something that you think the members would be interested in. Mesh Central Server is a cross-platform server app that allows one to manage devices on a home / home-office / or even a corporate network and gives one the ability to easily connect to those devices, either via the desktop or terminal, in a supporting role: installing packages, updating the system, running & supporting apps that run on the OS being connected to, uploading/downloading files, and much more. Mesh Central Server supports MS Windows, MacOS, Linux, and BSD.

Let me know if this would be an acceptable presentation. I sent you greater detail in a private email, so please check your email for that message.

Dan Calloway

Jas Eckard

Mar 13, 2023, 7:49:45 PM3/13/23
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me, does everyone agree?

I'll put you in the queue! Thank you!

--Jas
.
..:

Dan Calloway

Mar 13, 2023, 10:22:35 PM3/13/23
to UCLUG Google Group
Jas,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll wait to hear from you when we get closer to next month and the group has had an opportunity to respond.

Dan Calloway
"If Russia stops fighting Ukraine, the invasion will be over; if Ukraine stops fighting Russia, Ukraine will be over."