Next Meeting: 2023-Oct-10 18:30 - NuShell

Jas Eckard

Oct 5, 2023, 10:04:40 AM10/5/23
to UCLUG
This month's meeting on Oct 10 will be presented by Eric Anderson:

NuShell

Eric will give a short demo of the new shell he's discovered called
"NuShell", which apparently has some different ideas about pipes and
filters, as I understand it. It apparently sends "structured data"
instead of "plaintext".

After that, Jas will show a few non-default tricks with Bash. If you
have knowledge of other shells like zsh, fish, or rc, and would be
willing to show a couple things that make those shells interesting,
bring your laptop!

https://gettogether.community/events/39917/oct-2023-meeting-nushell/

If you can't meet in person at OpenWorks:

101 N Main St,
Greenville, SC
(Enter from 3rd floor of Richardson Street Parking Deck)

then feel free to join us, along with ColaLUG at:

https://meet.jit.si/sclugs

Upcoming monthly meetings:

- November 14: Tim Fowler, The cyber security posture of LEO (Low
Earth Orbit) satellites
- December 12: David Nalley: Thoughts on Licensing

Also, Thursday, Oct 12 is HackGreenville Nights, a chance for all
Upstate tech groups to get together:

https://www.meetup.com/Hack-Greenville/events/296051672

--Jas E
.
..:

Ben Francis

Oct 5, 2023, 4:22:12 PM10/5/23
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Thanks, Jas!

Jeremy Sands

Oct 5, 2023, 4:38:58 PM10/5/23
to Darrell Lee
uclug.org updated

___________
Jeremy Sands
Real time communication?   Ask me about Signal or Telegram.

Res publica non dominetur

Jas Eckard

Oct 5, 2023, 11:31:57 PM10/5/23
to UCLUG