Next Meeting: 2023-Nov-14 18:15 - Low Earth Orbit Satellite Hacking

Jas Eckard

Oct 31, 2023, 10:44:00 PM10/31/23
to UCLUG
I'm so excited, I'm giving you a 2-week's heads up!

November's UCLUG meeting will be Nov 14, presented by former member
Tim Fowler, who will be talking about some Low Earth Orbit (LEO)
satellites he has been making:

A New ETHOS…

A journey into the why, how and who cares of building a simulated CubeSat.

We'll have food sponsored by our favorite makerspace, SynergyMill, so
if you plan to attend at OpenWorks and want to eat, please reply to
this email, or contact Jās by some other means so we can have a
headcount. We'll start eating at 18:15 or before to avoid Tim's
presentation. Thank you to Joey at SynergyMill!!!

Tim will be joining us, along with ColaLUG, the Columbia SC Linux
User's Group, live on Jitsi:

https://meet.jit.si/sclugs

Enter OpenWorks from the 3rd floor of Richardson St. Garage .

More info and a photo of the CubeSats at:
https://gettogether.community/events/41724/nov-2023-meeting-hacking-low-earth-orbit-satellites/
You can also choose "Attend" on GetTogether to let us know you want
food, instead of replying to this post.

--Jas
.
..:

Jas Eckard

Nov 7, 2023, 6:47:18 PM11/7/23
to UCLUG
UCLUG is next Tuesday, and the topic is Hacking Low Earth Orbit Satellites.

In order to get a headcount, if you plan to attend in-person at
OpenWorks AND plan to consume the food that SynergyMill will be
providing, please either:

- click "Attend" on the GetTogether link below
- +1 on the HackGreenville Slack channel #linux
- let Jas know somehow

I'm really looking forward to this talk!

And I'm excited that ColaLUG will also be in-person at the Richland
Main Library Meeting Room B 2nd floor. So if you're in Columbia that
night instead of Greenville, meet them there.

--Jas
.
..:

Jas Eckard

Nov 12, 2023, 10:20:10 PM11/12/23
to UCLUG
Last chance to let us have an accurate headcount for Tuesday's
meeting. If you plan to attend UCLUG in-person on Tuesday and you
haven't let us know, please do so. So far responses I've gotten are:

This post: 0
GetTogether: 6
HackGreenville #linux: 0
Meetup (HackGreenville): 11

If you do plan to eat, please arrive 18:00-18:15 so that the
presentation can start at 18:30.

Jas Eckard

Nov 14, 2023, 3:23:05 PM11/14/23
to UCLUG
Thanks to everyone who signed up for eating tonight.

If you haven't been to OpenWorks, a new page for guest access was
recently created: https://joinopenworks.com/guest-access

Tim Fowler

Nov 14, 2023, 8:32:49 PM11/14/23
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Link to build your own CubeSat simulator: https://github.com/alanbjohnston/CubeSatSim/wiki

Will send slides in the morning.

Tim
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 14, 2023, at 2:23 PM, Jas Eckard <jas+...@eckard.com> wrote:

Thanks to everyone who signed up for eating tonight.

Ben Francis

Nov 15, 2023, 9:02:55 AM11/15/23
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Here's the video: https://youtube.com/live/2xnOqo9Gx0A

Thanks, Tim!

Tim Fowler

Nov 15, 2023, 9:07:42 AM11/15/23
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Here are the slides from last night.

LUGs.pdf

Jas Eckard

Nov 15, 2023, 10:10:18 AM11/15/23
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tim! Everyone really enjoyed themselves last night, there was
a lot of discussion afterwards, so much that I just left people
behind.

--Jas
.
..: