Next Meeting: 2024-Aug-13 18:30 - MUDdy Lessons

Jas Eckard

Aug 6, 2024, 5:29:12 PMAug 6
to UCLUG
Next week's UCLUG meeting will be Kal presenting:

MUDdy Lessons

In "MUDdy Lessons," Kal takes the audience on a journey through
his 20-year experience with Multi-User Dungeons (MUDs), highlighting
their role in developing his IT skills. He delves into the intricacies
of learning C programming since 2020, a skill cultivated through his
work on MUDs, particularly on the project "BlackMUD: Age of
Discovery." Kal discusses how MUDs fostered not only his programming
abilities but also skills in game design, solution engineering, and
community management. The presentation includes a case study on the
challenges and innovations in updating "BlackMUD," emphasizing
practical problem-solving. The talk concludes with a Q&A session,
offering insights into how hobbies and passions can enhance
professional growth in the IT field.

If you can't meet in person at OpenWorks:

OpenWorks
101 N Main St, Suite 302
Greenville, SC
(Enter from 3rd floor of Richardson Street Parking Deck, see
https://joinopenworks.com/guest-access)

then feel free to join us online, along with ColaLUG, at:

https://meet.jit.si/sclugs

Feel free to sign up if you like at:

https://gettogether.community/events/59101/aug-2024-meeting-muddy-lessons/

or:

https://www.meetup.com/hack-greenville/events/301995275/

--Jas
.
..:

Jas Eckard

Aug 6, 2024, 5:34:26 PMAug 6
Whoops, I pasted the July meeting Meetup link. This is next week's:

https://www.meetup.com/hack-greenville/events/302675981/

--Jas
.
..:

Jas Eckard

Aug 12, 2024, 12:32:29 PMAug 12
to UCLUG
Quick reminder about tomorrow night's UCLUG meeting!

--Jas
.
..:

Ben Francis

Aug 31, 2024, 9:28:31 AMAug 31
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Here are the videos from that meeting:
https://youtube.com/live/w8jTDVgs23o (MUDdy Lessons, cut short)

Sorry about the first video. It suffered from the library's crappy wifi, plus the second half of it is lost -- to the Internet gods, I guess. I'm not going to the library any more, that's for sure.

Ben