Next Meeting: 2024-June-11 18:30 - Briar & Folk Computer !!! at SynergyMill !!!

Jas Eckard

Jun 4, 2024, 4:46:01 PMJun 4
to UCLUG
Hey, Linux people! Our next UCLUG meeting will be next Tuesday, June
11, where Paul Lorenc. will be talking about:

Message Passing Systems with Briar & Folk Computer

In this meetup we will take a look at two open source projects: Briar
Messenger[1] and the Folk Computer[2] system. We will demo the two
projects, write some new Folk programs, and discuss current work
attempting to pull together ideas from both of these projects. This
meetup will be in a workshop format, and those interested in
personally experimenting with Briar are encouraged to bring an Android
phone or a personal computing device. Those interested in these
topics should check out the Monthly Alt.computing meetup at
SynergyMill[3].

**NOTE**: This meeting is at SynergyMill[4] located at:

400 Birnie St,
Greenville, SC 29611
https://maps.app.goo.gl/v4vF3aoGP41VBhks9

If you can't attend in-person, please join us live online along with
ColaLUG[5] the Columbia SC Linux User's Group, on Jitsi:

https://meet.jit.si/sclugs

Also, be sure to set an alarm, a lot of people that might attend
SELF[6] this weekend may forget the UCLUG meeting next Tuesday. (This
is the voice of experience.)

And feel free to sign up at
https://gettogether.community/events/55304/june-2024-meeting-briar-and-folk-computer/

[1] https://briarproject.org
[2] https://folk.computer/notes/tableshots
[3] https://www.meetup.com/synergymill/events
[4] https://www.synergymill.com
[5] https://colalug.blogspot.com
[6] https://southeastlinuxfest.org

--Jas
.
..:

Jas Eckard

Jun 10, 2024, 3:49:32 PMJun 10
to UCLUG
Hey, everybody!

Reminder that tomorrow night's meeting is AT SYNERGYMILL, not OpenWorks!

Should be a really interesting talk, I'll be videoing with my phone
for the Jitsi to look at the device when necessary.

--Jas
.
..:

Darrell Lee

Jun 10, 2024, 8:42:25 PMJun 10
to uc...@googlegroups.com
What time?

Darrell Lee
Advanced Data LLC

Jas Eckard

Jun 11, 2024, 9:07:39 AMJun 11
to UCLUG
This is a good point, we may actually start a little later than our normal 18:30 to accommodate for the new location.  We might start off with a short tour of SynergyMill.

Perkelator

Jun 11, 2024, 5:38:43 PMJun 11
to uc...@googlegroups.com
Got here a bit earlier not sure where to go exactly.

Jas Eckard

Jun 11, 2024, 9:35:44 PMJun 11
to UCLUG
Tonight's meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP1FiJDB-tg