Next Meeting: 2023-Aug-8 18:30 - FOOD! - Web Deployment with MRSK

Jas Eckard

Aug 1, 2023, 6:20:48 PM8/1/23
to UCLUG
Our August 8 meeting will be presented by Eric Anderson:

> MRSK - Modern Web App Deployment to Anywhere
>
> There are a myriad of ways to deploy web apps. PAAS providers like Heroku, Fly.io and Render have largely abstracted you from hosting complexity. Providers like AWS, GCP and Digital Ocean have added their own special sauce to reduce the complexity of running your own Kubernetes cluster. But while all of these can get your application to production they are also designed to lock you into their cloud solution limiting your options.
>
> MRSK (https://mrsk.dev/) is a new open-source tool created in early 2023 from the makers of Ruby on Rails to both reduce the complexity of web app deployment while at the same time leaving you open to use whatever hosting works for you (any cloud, multiple clouds, bare metal). This presentation will provide an overview of MRSK as well as demos to show it in action so you can decide if it might be a tool you want to use.

This talk is in collaboration with Upstate Ruby, and will have food
supplied by Simple Binary. Thank you, Eric and Pete!

--> If you plan to eat with us, please reply here or click "Attend" at
https://gettogether.community/events/36366/aug-2023-meeting-web-deployment-with-mrsk/
.

ColaLUG, the Columbia SC Linux User's Group, will be joining us on
Jitsi, live-streamed to YouTube:

https://meet.jit.si/sclugs

NOTE!!! Our new location is OpenWorks. Enter from 3rd floor of
Richardson St. Parking Deck. Thank you, Eric for hosting this month!

--Jas
.
..:

Jas Eckard

Aug 7, 2023, 2:33:17 PM8/7/23
to UCLUG
Reminder about tomorrow's meeting.

If you plan to eat at the Greenville meeting, let us know here or click "attend" on the GetTogether

Ben Francis

Aug 9, 2023, 9:55:19 AM8/9/23
to uc...@googlegroups.com

Dan Calloway

Aug 9, 2023, 10:11:20 AM8/9/23
to UCLUG Google Group
Thanks, Ben. I was unable to attend and wanted to see the presentation.

Dan Calloway
Linux Veteran; Open Source Advocate
Asheville, NC
"Any landing you can walk away from...