Women's Environmental Council Scholarships

EGSA Secretary

Sep 23, 2011, 10:48:40 PM9/23/11
to ucla-egsa-fellow...@googlegroups.com

The Women's Environmental Council (WEC) supports women who are preparing to pursue careers in the environmental field. As part of our support efforts, we award scholarships to women attending institutes of higher learning in Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego counties. In addition, recipients also receive a complimentary one-year WEC membership in the chapter county where they attend school.  Scholarships are awarded at the WEC Annual Meeting in the first quarter of each year.

WEC accepts applications from female undergraduate (4-year university or 2-year community college) and graduate students who are actively engaged in the pursuit of a career in the environmental field.  Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. Applications for our 2012 awards must be postmarked no later than Thursday January 12, 2012.

For more information: http://www.wecweb.org/Scholarships/scholarships.html