Congrats to Elizabeth Bartley

Ted Frank

Apr 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/23/99
Congratulations to t.p.g and u.t.d regular Elizabeth Bartley, who made it
into today's New York Post gossip column.

Steve Hix

Apr 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/23/99
In article <7fq6sd$fmr$1...@saltmine.radix.net>, m...@Radix.Net (Ted Frank) wrote:

> Congratulations to t.p.g and u.t.d regular Elizabeth Bartley, who made it
> into today's New York Post gossip column.

Well? Don't leave us hanging...

Elizabeth Bartley

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
In article <sehix-23049...@192.168.1.5>,

News to me, too, but the Friday edition is still online for another few
days. Heh.

http://www.nypost.com/042399/gossip/pagesix.htm

Wall Street Journal Editor Robert Bartley labeled the war in
Kosovo ''badly mismanaged'' by Clinton and said his young
daughter, Beth, had come up with a perfect headline for a Journal
editorial: ''Does Character Matter Yet?''

I read the editorial, and I knew he'd gotten that line from me, but I had
no idea he liked it so well he bothered to credit it. (Sheesh, the "young
daughter" in that context makes it sound like I'm in grade school.) In any
case, when I'm curious about current events, or just feel a pressing need
to talk about them, sometimes I call my parents up on the phone. I called
when late one night after the whole Kosovo conflict hit the newspapers,
and one of the first things I said was, "I want to know, does character
matter yet?" Two days later, he'd used that phrase in a headline.

--
Elizabeth Bartley e-ba...@pobox.com