Band-tailed Pigeons

Milt Moody

Aug 24, 2021, 10:39:42 AM8/24/21
to UCBirders
The Band-tailed Pigeons are still here and probably will be for a little longer yet, before the head to the Siera Madre Mountain of Mexico.

This morning I saw 6 adults and one juvenile at about 8 am.  The juvenile was a bit smaller still and its bill was still quite gray (turning to yellow with a black tip), so it may not be quite ready for the long flight to Mexican (so they may stick around a little longer, I figure).

So if you need to see a Band-tailed Pigeon for this year, there still might be a little time.  Here's a link to my checklist from this morning (I've had Songs Sparrows nesting in my yard -- that's a surprise!):

Good birding,
Milt